Mr. NiceGuy LST week 4 of Veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beach'd Out Stoner

Reaction score
Well, I am new to this site but i have been around the web growing on different forums and i have read some of the things that you guys are talking about and it sounds to me that you guys know what your talking about... So here is my situation... This isn't my first time growing i'm not an expert though... i do know some stuff about what i'm doing i've been doing it for about 2 years and i have learned many things from many people... right now i have 1 plant, female from clone... Mr. NiceGuy is the strain it used to be in hydro but for complications i had to convert it to soil... so right now i have it in some organic soil mix from my local nursery... i mixed about 5/1 ratio of clayton pebbles in with the soil for airation... she is anywhere around 6-8 weeks but i plan on vegging them for another 2-4 weeks because during the 3-5 week of veg she was in shock so she didn't grow at all... but she bounced back and now is growing like crazy... my little grow area is under a shelf in a storage closet in my house... basically i have my 400w HPS light in a air-cooled hood that is hooked up to a fan that i vent out of the area... i also have another small cpu fan that i have hooked up for pulling air into the area... the temps go from 72-92 degrees... the ph of the soil stays aroun 6.5-7 and i use destilled water around 250-300 mL every 3-4 days... i also use some organic nitrogen boost that is a powder i got from the nursery aswell... well anyways i have been LST'ing my plant for about 7 days now and well i guess take a look and come back and check out my journal from here on out... thanks for stopping by...any advice is greatly appreciated...

over top.jpg

side LST.jpg

Welcome to the site. We are glad to have you here. I do LST also and i really like it. I see you dont have a counter tie on it. you should put 1 on the base of the stem. Also try to get the top lower to help promote more side branchies, or as i call it clone sites. When you begin to lower, Put your counter tie on 1st. then work your way up tieing down at every other node till you get to the top, sence it's still ne it will be easer to bend then the other arts of the stem.PLEASE be gentle with the stem because with her age it could break, only lower to where it wont break but also as low as you can make it. Your lady is looking really nice keep her happy

So far so good. ;) Looks like your off to a great start LSTing. Look foward to watching her grow up into a beautiful frosty lady. :aok:

Thanks BFOK i appreciate the advice on the LST... however as of right now i dont have enough soil in my bucket so i tied up some sticks so i could start the LST until i could run over to the nursery to get more soil... so i dunno when i can get more soil but i can just do it like this for now... and TBG thanks for the love and much respect

Okay well its been a few days since i posted last.. and i had a little problem with some bugs... i only saw these little buggers for a period of about 10 min... anytime i looked after that i couldn't see them... they looked like little fleas jumping around the top of my soil... so... i figured i would rather get new soil than try using pestacides... so i transplanted my Mr.Nice guy plant into some Miracle Grow African Violets mix... it has perlite added into it and some extra bloom nutrients... i also have some general hydroponics grow and bloom nutrients... ALSO... i have a new baby in my grow room... i set up a deep water culture hydroponics set up... basically i just got a 3 gallon bucket... and am only using 1 plant for the whole 3 gallons of water... i was reading in High Times Magazine... that with deep water culture systems actually help with size and yeild in hydroponic plants... so i decided to build one... so i have a little sour diesel clone in there... oh and BFOK... i put a counter tie in there but i'm still using those sticks cause its easier to tie to...i also added a picture of my 400w HPS light... i built the air cooled reflector and i just wanted to take a picture of it... here are some pics... i'll keep you updated.. peace

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Everything is looking good. it dont matter about the sticks being in there jus the counter. thats most important part of tieing them down.keeps the stem secure while you bend it back and forth.

well its been 10 whole days since i started this grow journal... doesn't look like anyone is looking in on it anyways... doesn't matter... haha well i'm updating... there has been so much new growth... i have been LST'ing the crap out of this plant... here are some pics... on the end... thats 10 days ago from today...comments are appreciated... thanks.. peace

o.jpg

p.jpg

q.jpg

w.jpg

good luck with everything dude, check out my grow at http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18804
i hope the tie down works great. i heard many theories on tie downs either it produces one large bud if you dont or makes a bunch of little ones either way i heard you get the same weight. i dont know any of this is true but this is my first grow. i've done outdoor grows and just came back and i had bud so i wish you the best of luck!

not many people looked at my grow either.LST looking good Now i got a tip for you.... When ya branchies get long enough tie them down aswell budz will form along the branch, lil popcorn buds. i got new growth comeing up on them now. and 1 more thing. PLEASE!!!!!! DONT CUT ANY LEAVES OFF!!!! no matter how much they are in ya way, ya need them. find away to tuck them back, or tie them down. dont make the string to tight.
Keep up the good work ya doin

thanks everyone.. BFOK... if you notice in the 2nd pic... i tied 3 additional branches down to allow more light to penetrate the canopy anyways... i thank you guys for your comments... always welcome here... thanks guys... peace

well here is an update on what i got going on right now... so my mr.nice guy plant is doing so well (thats the one in the soil) i also have 2 clones 1 sour diesel and 1 shooting star (60% S, 40% I) no pic of this one yet... but i will soon... right now i have a pic of the thermometer/hygrometer... normal temps not normal humidity.. normally its around 42%... the 2nd pic is my sour d clone... which was really stressted out because i put it directly under the HPS and it got really dry here in SO-cal from the santa ana's blowing down so it got stressed out but it's kicken back... and the next 2 pics are of my Mr.Niceguy plant... which is about 5-6 weeks veg and about to go into flower in 1 week to 10 days... let me know what you think... thanks peace

untitled.JPG

untitled3.JPG

untitled1.JPG

untitled2.JPG

nice going m8 hope u get some good bud. just hope my lot grow well

Nice grow BOS! I love the LST your doing on the one in the soil makes it look like such a bush lol.. Keep up the good work :D

Everything is looking great. :aok: Gotta love those LST ladies mang. ;)

im like it alot. Hey throw it in to flower now. i threw mine in thursday and yesterday i seen 3 signs that my purp is a lady. your plant look kinda like mine. You better keep Ms.Nice(hopefully) happy and ya doing a good job.

BluntFullOfKush said:
im like it alot. Hey throw it in to flower now. i threw mine in thursday and yesterday i seen 3 signs that my purp is a lady. your plant look kinda like mine. You better keep Ms.Nice(hopefully) happy and ya doing a good job.
i'm gonna wait about 1 more week i dont have anywhere for my smaller plants and need to build a seperate veg spot... you know... as far as sex... my Mr.Nice is definatly a misses... haha i bought her as a clone from a medical dispensery near my house in socal.... so its def... female... and thanks... i'll keep tabs on your grow... thanks

thats funny u guys say that, i never! put a counter tie on mine, everything i do to my plants i like to think it replicates nature, or close to it as possible :D
cuz a happy plant is the best plant lol

Latest posts

Back