my 2nd attempt at growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliieTea

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. thanks for the warm welcome to the forums. I wanted to share my 2 babys , now planted in the ground outdoors..

View attachment 0521071.jpg

View attachment 0521072.jpg

So now they are about 2 1/2 weeks old .. Lets watch them grow.
I created my own type of greenhouse without the house part. Luckily I live in a pretty secluded area and am not too worried of invasion. .. other than squirrels and dogs... which I already know love to eat my plants.
I will try to post pics weekly. :dancing:

I've been looking at all them pretty babies posted on this site, and am wondering what I am doing wrong that mine are so sparse looking in comparrison. :confused2: They are planted in mixed soil.. my own mixture of compost sandy soil and miracle grow soil, and one other from last year. I started them in the house, and they were between 5 and 7 inches tall when I planted. I've noticed the very lower rounded leaves at the bottom are farther away from the 3 point leaves than I'm seeing in the pics.
Do you have any input or suggestions? I really would like to know what Im doing or should be doing that I'm not.
Thanks
T
:headbang:

i dont think they look bad at all just keep doin what your doin and they will grow.. as long as they get enough sunlight and water

AAARRRGGGHHHHH
DOG VICTIMS
topped one.. pics ... and cracked the second at ground level....
fenced and blocked and they pup still got to them....
AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH
View attachment dogvic.jpg

Damn dogs!! Sorry about that! My problem is the toddler...lol.

I might lose the big one.. the one cracked at the base. I piled dirt up and around it to the height of the rounded leaves.. crossing fingers and toes I dont lose these. they were the last of my seed stash. I dont know what kind they are, all I remember is the pot was goooood!

well the bigger of the 2 plants is still standing.. not too tall, but still alive. 48 hours later ....:48: crossing fingers. small one only got topped, maybe Ms. Hollie Ollie the pup did her :bump: a favor. We shall see.

Update over the weekend.... Before leaving on holiday Friday, I decided to go ahead and clip the large stem at the break and try to clone it, leaving the remaining stem and root base in the soil. I had little hope at that time. Upon returning this afternoon, the clipping leaves are bright and perky with MUCH hope of cloning survival. Not only that, the stem left in the ground is showing signs of growth as well. Yippiee..........! I will give it another week before reporting again, next time with pics of (hopefully) replanted clone and new growth.

View attachment swtbd1.jpg

this is the one that gotten broke off at the ground and I recently purchased some rooting hormone powder called Green Light. The clone has been in water now for a week, and I really want to get it to start showing some roots so I can get her(hopefully) back in the ground or some soil.
My question is... Can I add this powder to the water or does it have to be placed right in soil after applied to the stem?

There is no way to tell a strain by looking at it. Your babies are looking good though just keep doing what you're doing. As far as the rooting powder, I don't see where it could hurt adding some to the water but the conventional way is to dip the cutting in it. Good luck.

Your pics two and three, is that one plant or two. It looks like one with two main stocks. Pretty cool.

there are 2 plants..only one survived the puppy gardner in the ground, the other is back to the rooting stage in water with rooting hormone. Its now starting to get some roots so I can replant it. Yes it has 2 stalks coming out of it.. hence the puppy gardner..... she has improved BOTH plants by what she did to them that first day after planting them. I was heart broke when she did it, now I'm praising her.. lol
NOT!!! But I am glad what she did to the caused better growth.

Latest posts

Back