My babies are yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcnh

Reaction score
This is my first grow. I'm pretty sure the problem is overwatering, but I wanted to see what everyone thinks. I have no more seeds so I need to get this fixed if I can! My "grow room" is hot and doesnt have good ventalation, but its all I have for now. I know the conditions are far from adequate, but I'm trying to work with what I have.
So anyways, 3 of 13 plants are showing yellow leaf tips, it's funny that its only the ones that have fallen behind in growth compared to the others. This morning the soil was very dry so I gave them a good watering per instructions I've seen on grow videos - watered until it drains out the holes. I have been just spraying the top of the soil until today when i poured spring water on them from a bottle. Same water I've been using. Here are my grow conditions:

*4 26w cfl 6700k 3 inches away from plants with aluminum can reflectors
*miracle grow moisture control in styro cups with holes cut in the bottom, I also cut a lot off the top so they are only about 1.5 inches high so the soil on the bottom doesnt turn to mud.
*"room" (box) can get to 80-90 degrees, but its been 2-3 days since they came above the soil and this is the first time I've seen this problem.
*using 50-75% recommended superthrive. Only 1 drop per ten ounces.
* small fan in box blowing on plants and lights.
Thanks in advance for your help, I only need to get through 2 more weeks then they are going outside when I move. I know my conditions ****, but they have been growing like mad, seems by the hour sometimes. THE PIC http://www.geocities.com/marcnh//mj.html (incase the image doesnt work)
mj.html

By the way, I'm laying off on the superthrive for a while. I'm sure they have enough in the soil since the plants are so small. the soil does look and feel overwatered, but I'm learning and I can't narrow it down to too much nutes in the MG, heat, or overwatering.......

Latest posts

Back