My dog ate my plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoga

Reaction score
Seriously. Never before has this happened. And I think he knew what he was doing and just wanted to really upset me because he left one of the leaves sticking out of his mouth to try and taunt me.

Okay, I have a few plants going in the garage under CFLs. Sometimes when the plants are in veg and it is a nice day I like to take them on a field trip to the edge of my property for some real sunlight. They do great and everyone is happy.

Today for some reason (maybe not enough butts to sniff) my dog ate one of my plants. The whole thing. Three weeks into veg and lookin' pretty. And he still thinks he is going to sleep with me tonight.

Sorry, I just really needed to vent. I know that there are a lot of people out there that need help figuring out why their plant won't flower under a 60 watt bulb, why their plant is burning up when they are using twice the nutes recommended (I wanted it to grow real fast), what is a ph meter, and who has the best seeds.

But I just wanted to take a minute to vent so I don't kill that damn dog.

S.Forest,

If it weren't against forum rules I would say you suck for bringing that up. But thanks for making me laugh. I appreciate it. I needed it. And I have done a lot of dirty things to try to get high (yes, smoking grass clipping off the floor when I thought it was weed), but even I have my limits.

Although if I was 10 weeks into flower instead of 3 weeks into veg my answer might be different. I feel so ashamed.

And Stoneybud...the weed wasn't flushed and I don't think my dog could tell the difference either.

Maybe your dog is jealous of the attention you give your plants. Take him to the pet shrink and ask him what to do. Personally, I'd be rather torqued if I had a dog that macked my plant. I'm sorry to hear about that.

SC,
My dog isn't that smart. I think I could have a Korean family on my porch with chopsticks and all he would try to do is give them a good sniff.

And even worse, I now think he is in to S&M. I was hitting him with the broom yelling BAD DOG, while showing him the plant and he got excited. NOT what I expected.

Uggg...males. Male plants...Bad. Male dogs...very bad! I am just going to stop there.

Alistair,
If I could afford a shrink, I would be going, NOT the dog. He gets enough attention. Or maybe not. I would prefer if from now on he would just pee on something.

I still can't believe this. And when I went to sweep up after dinner he got excited again. Now I think that my plants and crumbs on the floor are going to do it for him.

SherwoodForest said:
That sucks man, but I hear if you follow the dog around for a few days with a baggy you will get some good ****!
Pedro: Man, what is in this ****, man?
Man Stoner: Mostly Maui Waui man, but it's got some Labrador in it.
Pedro: What's Labrador?
Man Stoner: It's dog ****.
Pedro: What?
Man Stoner: Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man.
Pedro: Yeah?
Man Stoner: I had it on the table and the little ************ ate it, man. Then I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days, man, before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind, ya know?
Pedro: You mean we're smokin' dog ****, man?
Man Stoner: Gets ya high, don't it?
[Song, "Rockin' Robin" plays... ]
Man Stoner: I think it's even better than before, you know?
Pedro: Uhhh, I wonder what Great Dane tastes like, man.

Yoga, I was only kidding about the shrink. Yeah, peeing is preferable to eating plants. Just keep an eye on him.

Yoga said:
And even worse, I now think he is in to S&M. I was hitting him with the broom yelling BAD DOG, while showing him the plant and he got excited. NOT what I expected.

you beat your dog with a broom :eek:

the clicking sound of my shot gun would have come in to play if it was a flowering plant... an vent its better than killing the dog.

Woof! :p

DSC_0050-14.JPG

UKgirl420 said:

Not the handle. I more "sweep" him. It is my version of the rolled-up newspaper. Don't feel too bad for him, it apparently has the opposite effect than intended.

And even though I was mad at him I still let him sleep with me.

UKgirl420 said:
First thought that popped into my head, although I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this... I am sure it wasnt abuse :).

My mom told me a story about a outdoor grow she had going on back in her youth (my mom rocks) and how she found her plants all destroyed and a
Sleeping racoon in the middle of them.

Thanks to everyone for making me laugh. It helped me not feel so bad for the poor girl that got ate up.

I did have a moment of clarity as I was feeding the dogs this morning, and I should have known something like this could happen. The vet recently put my dog on a diet. He has to eat special dog food and only gets so much. The vet warned me that he will "seem" hungry, but is really fine (I have a plant that disagrees). Which is probably why he got so excited over the crumbs. Since it was as much my fault as his, I snuck him a piggy ear.

natorious said:
sell the dog and buy more seeds.

Even when I'm really mad at him, my dog is more important than my plants.

My plants don't love me they way I love them. My dogs do.

Latest posts

Back