my first build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calitoker

i like cowgirl asses
Reaction score
I have already built the major parts of my growbox, and have a few things left to do.

the box:
5't x 4'w x 2'd
constructed of 1" thick foam insulation board &
Lots of aluminum tape, duct tape sucked for me some reason.
a couple of braces, nothing too heavy.
MDF for the top, holes drilled for power cords &
hanging chains.
105w self ballasted flourescent with bright wing reflector,
hangs down to 18" from the bottom.
Lined with panda film inside (white) outside (black)
Active air carbon filter & 4" duct fan.

still need to install an intake hole and filtered blower exhaust.

foxFarm ocean forest / happy frog / cocotek coir bricks / hydroton cuz i had no other use for it.

technaflora nutrients, recipe for success.
bottled water.

still need co2, maybe climate control ill have to see.

what you think

sounds like you got it all figured out. what will you be growing?

ill take pics this weekend i need my wife to show me how to up load pics.
also i plan on 2 grape skunks, 2 blowfish, 1 aphredite, 1 mendocino madness.

i just got all new computer, camera and all that good stuff. 3 days a go now.
sorry guys i know how important pics are.

where did you get the seeds/clones? Ive never heard of any of those strains. Are you going to do a grow journal?

i got all clones from my wifes family. Tehama county Northern California is where they are from. They grew it outdoor with "just dirt and water man" they do mix some kind of sawdust in with worm castings too. Im hoping they will turn out to be like super dank i guess.

curiouscat420 said:
:postpicsworthless:

hehe... i have always wanted to do that.
How do you do that?????

Im trying to upload pictures now, I guess i need to make more posts before i can up load pictures.

did it work

100_0041.jpg

100_0048.jpg

100_0132.jpg

100_0133.jpg

100_0135.jpg

100_0134.JPG

sweet, yeah i still have some stuff to do but its a start. I kinda tryin to rush a little cuz i need to get my feet wet, i know i am consistent enough not to kill a weed. I love to study things of major interest i call my hobby this is it. more pics to come. But its night night time for me. I love super silver haze.

nice setup bro... i would get rid of the tin foil... just paint it white... tin foil can burn your girls...
i didnt see a fan, so make sure you have one in there to move that air around...
do you have an air intake for you cabinet?

i also think you will need more light once veg is done...

3 x 105 W does NOT = 315W of light power
it just is 105W x 3 - so you can have a larger spectrum.

the white thing next to the green thing is my fan. How will they burn? im using a flourescent temps dot get too high, well they do get up to 90 degrees inside but i dont have intake or vent yet either. this light puts out 9000 lumens at 6500' k. I will also be putting strip lights around the walls too,along with having the light like 4-6 inches from my plants. They should go into flower just fine i think, i know im new to growing but doesnt the light change make all the difference gowing from 18 on to 12 on just lower amounts of light should just slow growth down, am I right? I could paint the foil white too, if that would be better. Sorry if i seem like a know it all or something i dont mean to at all. Any advice welcome. I wont get upset about being corrected. hehe everythings just wonderful if you know what i mean. Anybody have requests for good pic angles.

heres a few more. the smaller bags are 3 gallons which i plan on using for my final transplant, the larger is a 5 gallon, i dont need anything that large. the picture with the thermometer shows with everything off so around 61 degrees. oh yeah one shows my adjustable chains. I wanted to point out for the fan, filter light and fixture i have spent about $225 for the rest not counting soil i spent like $30. another $40 on soil. My nutes are by technaflora the makers of rootech.Ill add more pics soon.

Do you guys think i really need co2 enrichment if i am drawing in fresh filtered air? how should i do my intake & exhaust?

100_0187.JPG

100_0193.JPG

100_0195.JPG

100_0190.JPG

you just want to have consistency with the light is all, so tin foil is a bad idea... fan looks good and lights look good, but as you will see, you will get better results with HPS or MH... imo

o, i know that more is better up to a certain point im just try grow a lil somethin for myself i am also a little parranoid about power consumption
i bought this light for that reason come to later find out they make hps and stuff in lower wattages but ill just try it for now. How is my foil any different from mylary or something rather.
Sorry about earlier just reading that 6500k is a little too blue ill just take this bulb in and trade it for a daylight. or should i?

5'H X 4'W X 2'D
5X4X(2X1.2)
5X4X2.4
20X2.4
=48 CFM

You would need 48 cfm's to change air in one minute.
You could have used two 24 cfm fans, but you already have filtered exhaust fan.
so all ya need is intake.
What is the cfm on your filter fan?
(I am guessing around 120 cfm)
You may be able to go with just an intake shutter, since your filter fan is already venting.
Since your intake fan is 5'', you need at least a 5" shutter.(Any smaller will cause extreme wear on the filter fan).
Baffle the shutter so only air gets in-no light.

Latest posts

Back