my first build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
foil reflects funny and it is not consistent... it can reflect heat as well as magnify light in ways that can hurt... I am not sure about the physics behind it, but it is a "well know" fact in the forums... sorry i dont have a better answer... but i would trust most of these people, they have like a combined 400000 yrs growing or something stupid... actually.. that gives me an idea.... hehe

yeah the fan is 135 cfm, i was thinking about just using carbon filter duct covers they help make cleaner air and keep any possible bugs out. but the jungle rain will help with that too. what do you guys think about the duct cover for my intake? the fan is also only 4". i think im just gonna give the aluminum tape a try if i notice anything looking funny ill just coat it with a semi-flat white enamel. No light leaks either. should i run the vented air to a whole other room, or just back into the closet? My box is built inside a closet.

either of the the above or just vent it outside. Im trying to decide right now wether or not to do the same thing. I wanted to vent my filter air out, but im scared to be cutting holes in my roof or my sidding. I have the kit to do it, sitting right here beside me but i just dont like that cutting idea. So i think im gonna vent the air into a cooler and more discreet room in my house. all personal opinions on how ya feel and what would work best for ya

Hey Calitoker-
You will not need co2 enrichment- you'll be much better off spending that money on lights- because you don't have enough!
That 6500k bulb might be suitable for vegging- at least the spectrum is right, but 9000 lumens is about 10% of the lumens you will need for 20 sq. ft. You need at least 5000 lumens per square foot. You may achieve some results if you only grow 1 plant, but 6 plants will amount to nothing with that light.
Look at this thread I posted about the difference in lighting:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36588

Good luck to you- but do yourself a favor and get some HID lighting- you'll thank me later.
And btw, the increase in power consumption will not cause raise any suspicion. Be more worried about the "friends" who know you're growing.
Just my .02

BBFan said:
Hey Calitoker-
You will not need co2 enrichment- you'll be much better off spending that money on lights- because you don't have enough!
That 6500k bulb might be suitable for vegging- at least the spectrum is right, but 9000 lumens is about 10% of the lumens you will need for 20 sq. ft. You need at least 5000 lumens per square foot. You may achieve some results if you only grow 1 plant, but 6 plants will amount to nothing with that light.
Look at this thread I posted about the difference in lighting:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36588

Good luck to you- but do yourself a favor and get some HID lighting- you'll thank me later.
And btw, the increase in power consumption will not cause raise any suspicion. Be more worried about the "friends" who know you're growing.
Just my .02

:yeahthat:

I also would recommend that you get more light in there. More/better light will benefit you far more than CO2 enhancement. For a 4 x 2' space, you should be running 40,000 lumens.

While fluoros will do okay for vegging, IMO, you really should have a HPS for flowering. Watt for watt and lumen for lumen, CFLs will cost more to purchase initially, will create more heat, and will cost more to operate than a HPS.

calitoker said:
yeah the fan is 135 cfm, i was thinking about just using carbon filter duct covers they help make cleaner air and keep any possible bugs out. but the jungle rain will help with that too. what do you guys think about the duct cover for my intake? the fan is also only 4". i think im just gonna give the aluminum tape a try if i notice anything looking funny ill just coat it with a semi-flat white enamel. No light leaks either. should i run the vented air to a whole other room, or just back into the closet? My box is built inside a closet.

If the covers are same ones for your 135 cfm fan, It should work.
The hole should be at least 4".
That seems like alot of wind for that space though.

You should be able to tell if the vent cover is overtaxing the fan by listening to it when you put the cover on.

i know a better light would be better. I really need the other spectrum offered as well as this light ill just use this one for veg. then the so called daylight flour. may work better for flowering im also not looking for a rapid growth, all of that is just a bigger headache for where im at now. More lights? yes, HID? not quite yet i will make that investment once i get a better place to grow. Unless, what do you guys think of like a 150w to 250w hid? and what could i be looking at costs for a low budget hid system.

i feel you need at least a 400 watt hid lite to cover your sq footage. Sounds like a great grow area except for the lights.:D

couple pics, ive had it 3 days now i really need to run my ducting my peak temp is at 90, is that generaly too high for you guys? also the is a little white buildup on th stem what could it be, also tiny yellow spots too.

100_0427.JPG

100_0428.JPG

calitoker said:
i bought this light for that reason come to later find out they make hps and stuff in lower wattages but ill just try it for now. How is my foil any different from mylary or something rather.

Just because something looks like it refelcts light, doesn't mean it does. Foil only reflects back about 1/2 of the light, far less than other cheaper products.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1969

okay i think the baby is in threat a couple of the leaves have some brown showing up, its not on the tips its on the sides its not crispy, and the only nute i have added was a foliar spray, and have only watered 1 time, yes the water ran through. (like 5-6 cups) i did have some light timer difficulties, and should i just ditch the upright fan i have, (the nonfiltered one).

Hey cali nice plant. You can find a hid on craigslist sometimes if you are budgeting. Look for highbay or lowbay lights. I only got a 70 watt hps, a 175 watt MH, a 4 foot flouro and assorted cfl's. So far I may have spent $100 on lighting. When i go into flower i will use all of these lights for my two girls.

i need help with a diagnoses if there is a problem
id take pics but dont wanna deal with the cam right now.

oh and id keep it in their for some extra air surcalation i know i spelled that one wrong lol

looks good to me damn i really wish i had the money to grow indoors :( real pretty plant if u ask me i dont feel like readint the whole thred right now but to e ( i dont do indoor really ) looks like there streching but who knows lol

wow that quite a few, i tink im going to buy another one of the setups in both spectrum selections 3000k and 6500k, side by side only 2 plants a time with clones also, do the rest of my plants outdoor when its time next year.

oh thats a clone im stoned dont lison to me hehehama

no molasses, i just use bottle spring water (it what i drink too) alon with my technaflora nutes, but havnt used any yet, what does molasses do?

Latest posts

Back