My First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalSRH420

Legalize Freedom
Reaction score
What's up everybody!!! Hope everyone had a great 420, I know I did! I spent half the day at the hydro store buying materials for my first grow. I'm going to build a 3' x 5' x 6' cabinet out of 1" X 2"'S and black and white poly. I've got a 2' x 4' ebb and flow system with 6" x 6" cubes and a 400 watt switchable ballast. I'll post some pics tonight!

:48:

Here is what I got done today. All I have left to do is put the poly up and hook up everything. I was hoping to get more done but I had to pick up supplies. I'll post more pics when I get it done.

construction1.jpg

construction2.jpg

construction3.jpg

Pretty much all i done but section off part of a room.
I found that black/white sheeting to be pretty thin, needing to at least double up with it so couldn't see light through it.
I got some thats just white and thats much better, was a problem for me cos i have flower room next to my veg room.
You might not have that problem but remember you not just stopping light getting out, you need to make damn sure that no light gets in cos thats the quickest way to making your plants hermi :)

I bought a roll of 5.5 mil B/W Poly. The room is in my unfinished basement, the only light in the room or that can get into the room is from the light hanging in it and from around the door. I'm going to work on it again tonight when I get home from work. I should have the poly stapled up tonight. I'll take more pics. I'm hoping to build another small grow area for clones and a mother or 2. As you can see I still have a lot of clean up to do.

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. My tent is almost complete. If I can pick up some clones, I should be growing by tomorrow. I still need to hook up my hydro system. I'm going to work on it and will post pictures when I get done tonight.

I got all the poly up and the light hung up. I still have a half days work ahead of me tomorrow. I've still got to hook everything up. I'm going to try to pick up clones on Tuesday. Here are some pics of how my grow tent is coming along.

0426092344a.jpg

0426092345.jpg

0426092347.jpg

well im shocked that i woulda never thought of just buildin a frame and tenting it wit panda poly. lol
looks pretty shnazzie. good luck wit it

So one of my roommates has been trippin over me growing here. Everything was fine until I got the tent built. I've got my Medicinal Card so I don't understand why she's flipping out now. I'm helping a friend get his room going. Sorry I wont be able to post picks of it. I'm hoping to have my roommate convinced that she can't get into any legal trouble over my growing at our house. Her husband is all for it!!! hahahahaha Once I get some clones in there I'll post some new pics.

Still here :watchplant:
Sounds a bit awkward with the room mate.
If it all legal just tell her to :chillpill: :hitchair:

yeah really.. its legal so i dont think it should be an issue unless she has nosey little brats that ask 34029304920394 questions

So I decided........ She thinks that everything has to be her way. I picked up my Super Silver Haze clones this evening and they are beautiful!!! I am running them under 2 T5's right now. I've run out of money so I can't afford the MH. GIve me a couple of weeks and I'll have some better pics to show you guys. I should be able to get the bulb by then.

0510091901.jpg

0510091902.jpg

$20 a piece from a private grower. I haven't been able to find any worth buying in the clubs around here. A place in LA has some Master x Bubba kush that looks amazing but I didn't have anywhere to keep them while I was there.

SoCalSRH420 said:
So I decided........ She thinks that everything has to be her way. I picked up my Super Silver Haze clones this evening and they are beautiful!!! I am running them under 2 T5's right now. I've run out of money so I can't afford the MH. GIve me a couple of weeks and I'll have some better pics to show you guys. I should be able to get the bulb by then.

You can do your entire veg with T5s just fine. I have a 400MH that I do not use anymore because I get almost the same growth from my 4' T5. Save for a HPS and veg with the T5s. Get the light as close as you can to the top of the plants.

" I should be able to get the bulb by then."
You do know don't you that you need more than just the bulb. All HID lighting requires a ballast.

Nice work.... hurry up and get that Shiznit done so I can come out for a visit!

The Hemp Goddess said:
You can do your entire veg with T5s just fine. I have a 400MH that I do not use anymore because I get almost the same growth from my 4' T5. Save for a HPS and veg with the T5s. Get the light as close as you can to the top of the plants.

" I should be able to get the bulb by then."
You do know don't you that you need more than just the bulb. All HID lighting requires a ballast.

I've got 2 4' T5's. I've hooked them up since I can't afford the MH bulb until my next check. I've got a 400W switchable ballast. I thought I had enough money to get everything but some things came up. I should have everything hooked up this evening. I'll post some more pics tonight.

So here it is!!! My 2' x 4' ebb and flow system, 2 - 4' T5's, and 6 Super Silver Haze clones. I'm going to get 2 more T5's. I plan on getting a 400W MH but I'm going to see how well 4 - 4' T5's work. If they are efficient and use less power, I will stick with them. I plan on expanding my grow. So power use is going to be a problem anyway. I'm looking at LED's for future grows. Remember, this is my first time.

0511091606.jpg

0511091607.jpg

0511091607a.jpg

I adjusted the plants to get the most out of the lighting. It's 74 degrees in there but I don't have a way to check the humidity. It's in an unfinished basement and it stays a constant 70 degrees year round. I'm not that worried about it right now.

0511091828a-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back