my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt have any mylar so i used tin foil. I would think the more light reflection would be better but more than likely im wrong thats why im on here so I can get help from people that know a lot more than me

The Hemp Goddess said:
Pumping CO2 into an open space is a waste of time, money, and energy. For CO2 enhancement to be effective, you need a sealed room, higher temps, higher nutes, enhanced lumens, etc, etc.

What kind of ventilation set up do you have?

I have a 4in inline exhaust fan that is ducked out in to my attic and fresh air from my room and attic. the tent i have has vent that when the exhaust fan kicks on it pulls the fresh air in

Gixxerman420 said:
You've got the same tent as me bro! :rofl:
yeah that tent is kick *** i love it it was well worth the money

well I started my nuts on Saturday witch was day7 . They look great and are moving right along except one she is a smaller and not as green as the other 3 she just might be a runt.

sickbiker said:
I didnt have any mylar so i used tin foil. I would think the more light reflection would be better but more than likely im wrong thats why im on here so I can get help from people that know a lot more than me

Get rid of the foil. I would just bury the rockwool cubes deeper.

The undersides of leaves do not want or need light. It does encourage stretch (not growth).

The Hemp Goddess said:
Get rid of the foil. I would just bury the rockwool cubes deeper.

The undersides of leaves do not want or need light. It does encourage stretch (not growth).

Thats what im going to do when i get home from work. I thought it might have been a good idea i had see people do it with the mylar and thought hell i have tin foil i will just use that. :doh:

Roddy said:
lol, I hadn't doubted you, Gixxer, just commenting that I was in that same situation. I may remove the white wrap, but with the results seen so far, am not going to go to too much trouble right away.

Wouldn't this be somewhat an issue from the lower levels of white wall then, since the light would reflect back and up under higher leaves? And sorry, but does this mean side lighting is a bad idea too?

Sorry if this is steering the journal off course.
Not at the angle the light is hiting the walls... Assuming your walls dont lean 45 degrees away from the ladies, it would most likely just be reflected to the ground...reflecting out at the opposite angle it came in on... JMO :confused: As far as side lighting goes... didn't even thing of that... Would be worth looking into.. But I could only see side lighting during the flowering stage... A little stretch is inevitable with 12 hours of darkness every 24. I guess it's more one of those "weigh the pros and cons" deal!

Roddy said:
lol, I hadn't doubted you, Gixxer, just commenting that I was in that same situation. I may remove the white wrap, but with the results seen so far, am not going to go to too much trouble right away.

Wouldn't this be somewhat an issue from the lower levels of white wall then, since the light would reflect back and up under higher leaves? And sorry, but does this mean side lighting is a bad idea too?

Sorry if this is steering the journal off course.

Its all good my friend steer away

Gixxerman420 said:
Not at the angle the light is hiting the walls... Assuming your walls dont lean 45 degrees away from the ladies, it would most likely just be reflected to the ground...reflecting out at the opposite angle it came in on... JMO :confused: As far as side lighting goes... didn't even thing of that... Would be worth looking into.. But I could only see side lighting during the flowering stage... A little stretch is inevitable with 12 hours of darkness every 24. I guess it's more one of those "weigh the pros and cons" deal!

:yeahthat:

Side lighting, especially with CFLs does not generally actually provide much light to the undersides of the leaves. I am not a big fan of side lighting with floros and believe that its use if very limited in its benefits. Floros have to be within inches of your plants to do any good. This can be hard to do with side lighting and only provides a very small part of the plant with additional light. And as I mentioned before, this is space that the plant is really going to need to grow.

sickbiker said:
No i do not leave it open but i have fresh air coming in from the attic. Right now i have them under a 400w MH and when they start to flower i will put in my 400w HPS. I just started them on half nuts yesterday im using sensi grow a and b and B-52 and a little bit of sugar daddy

i dont know where ure at but i would think when summer gets here the air u will be pullin frum the attic will be a bit warm for ure plants

ChewbacaKz said:
i dont know where ure at but i would think when summer gets here the air u will be pullin frum the attic will be a bit warm for ure plants
yeah when summer hit i will just pull air from the house

sickbiker said:
if you have a basement or crawl space that's below ground you could pull it from there?

no basement or crawl space. I keep it nice and cool in my house in the summer I work in a hot metal fab shop and like to come home to a cool house

The Hemp Goddess said:
:yeahthat:

Side lighting, especially with CFLs does not generally actually provide much light to the undersides of the leaves. I am not a big fan of side lighting with floros and believe that its use if very limited in its benefits. Floros have to be within inches of your plants to do any good. This can be hard to do with side lighting and only provides a very small part of the plant with additional light. And as I mentioned before, this is space that the plant is really going to need to grow.

Right, but I'm using a 400w HPS vert set-up as my side-lighting....or body-feeding.

sickbiker said:
sounds like a plan, im pullin air from the house and pushin it out the attic rite now, works great

thats thats how im doing it to but i have kids so during the day i have to keep the closet door closed and locked so i just leave the attic open. Im thinking about just putting a vent in the bottom of the door and then i can close the attic

Sounds like a good plan, covers both the air and stealth issues! Make sure she is dark at night, no light leaks.

Roddy said:
Sounds like a good plan, covers both the air and stealth issues! Make sure she is dark at night, no light leaks.
Im growing autos light leaks are not a worry for me and im growing in a tent and it seals real nice no light leaks

Latest posts

Back