my first sprout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
im so proud! :D

now that she has begun to sprout... should i begin nutes yet?? how long will distilled water be good for?

Slow down cowboy let the baby grow alittle. At this stage you need to water enough to keep roots moist but not drown the plant. hey there are so many stickies,info and good people on here you should be cool. My advice dont over due it. Plants need air water light and other things but what they dont need is over attention so take it slow buddy. GREEN MOJO:ccc:

Hello Curiouscat420 :)

Congratulations on your first baby ;)

Your plant will need nothing but light and water for 4 weeks.

Be very careful when watering, this is the most common mistake new growers make, soaking the plant to death :eek:

Tell us how you plan on growing it, is it in soil?, what lighting do you have?

Do you already have your nutrients?, if so, what kind? what NPK?

Here is a useful link for a new grower, you have much to read and learn :aok:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forumWOW/Full-Marijuana-Growing-Guide.html

Lots of other reading and info here too.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

Welcome to the forum :)

:peace:

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Eh just read some more.

you know, i dont know if there is anything else i can read really...before i even purchased one item for my space i did about 2 months of research.. i always "measure three times" before cutting... just making sure i dont mix up one or two of the steps along the way...

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Curiouscat420 :)

Congratulations on your first baby ;)

Your plant will need nothing but light and water for 4 weeks.

Be very careful when watering, this is the most common mistake new growers make, soaking the plant to death :eek:

Tell us how you plan on growing it, is it in soil?, what lighting do you have?

Do you already have your nutrients?, if so, what kind? what NPK?

Here is a useful link for a new grower, you have much to read and learn :aok:

Lots of other reading and info here too.

Welcome to the forum :)

:peace:

thanks, a very straight forward answer is refreshing, thanks to all that have been up front...i really mean it...

i am growing a Himalayan gold and big bang (green house seed co.)in a home built (advice and DIY from hydro shop owner) aero system. here are a few pics.

facts are the two little lights are 100W flor. for a little extra light..., the big guy is a 430W HPS...feel free to ask anything else...

hehe, thats the beginning of the first sprout in the pete pellet.

Nice grow cabinet Curiouscat420. With your system you will always use distilled or ro water for the best results. Start your nutes at 1/4 strength. I would put my seedling in the system as soon as the roots have grown out of the pellet.

i put them in there already... is that too early?? also if i have all of my lights on, will that be to much for the seedlings??

No it is not to early if your roots are hitting the moisture zone, if not you might have to top feed till they do. I am a firm believer in more light, more better just check your temps. Seedlings do not take long to dry out from heat.Just my $0.02

curiouscat420 said:
hehe, thats the beginning of the first sprout in the pete pellet.

Sorry, I did know that was the beginning of your sprout--I was really asking about the medium :eek:. Are you are planning on transplanting this to an aero unit?

yes. i am just going to let the roots grow out past the pete pellet and then i just placed the pellet into the clay rocks.

as for the temp... my water is at a steady 80 and area is at 75... seems to be about perfect am i right?? i have a ton of ventilation with the dual fan and behind the ducting is a 6" fan that is drawing air from the box and blowing it into the cooltube...

Won't the pete pellet remains clog your sprayers? I have limited experience in areoponics but that water temp seems a bit high to me.

ok, i just spoke with my guy and i guess i should not transplant them into the clay pellets, but rather into rockwool that has a bigger hole... i guess pete pellets werent the best idea for this setup...

Latest posts

Back