My friend thinks he can grow 6 plants under this, can he?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyBud

The name says it all!
Reaction score
Sun Blaze 432W T5 fluorescent grow light produces 40.000 lumens with 6500 Kelvin lamps for vegetative growth, 4x2 foot fixture holds 8 bulbs, he is going to use 4 3000 Kelvin lamps and the 4 6500 Kelvin lamps throughout vegetative growth and flowering.

How many plants can he:farm: grow using this fixture?

It is not based on the number of plants for the light output it is lumens per sq ft which is 8 sq ft for the light that you mentioned. Now the question is how many plants can I fit in 8 sq ft? That depends on the type of garden you will be doing ex: sog, srog, trees or just the height you decide to go 12/12 for the amount of plants that your light is capable of growing.

I dont think its how many plants more than it is lumens per sq. ft.
I'm not positive of the ratio but i'm sure someone will chime in on it.

He's got enough for about 10 square feet of growing space. That's about 38 inches by 38 inches square. If he grows 6 plants so that they stay withing that amount of space until harvest, then sure, that'll work. If they get larger than that space, he'll need more light.

It's all in topping and flipping into flower to stay within size limitations.

Didn't mean to duplicate your post, pcduck. It took me 20 screen refreshes to get my post past the "Server to freakin busy".

I am going to attempt 6 under less than that...it mostly affects quantity...i have 4x 4' T8's using 8 3000k bulbs in 15 sq ft of space...3x5 area with two fixtures on the walls and two hanging above...but i have yet to see the outcome on 6 plants...ive grown 4 under 2 of these fixtures and the quality was great but the quantity was low, but there were alot of other factors affecting them...ideally i would love to have a 600w HPS but my pocketbook wont allow it right now...

Latest posts

Back