My Growing Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Indica

Bud Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hello everyone, thought I would post and share my grow here in My Grow Place. Just getting things up and running, growing a few out to select a mother from.

October 25th Pictures:bong2:

looking like tight growth...what kind of lighting are you using ???and how old ?

Ballast : 400 watt Galaxy
Light : 400 watt Solarmax HPS
Reflector : Sunmaster

They are 4 weeks old in these pics.

not bad at all...they look slightly stressed but they will come back full force IME.for the most part i'd say they look excellent though. what are you gonna flower with ?

Here they are again, one of them has been topped. The one in the back left corner.

PUFF MONKEY said:
not bad at all...they look slightly stressed but they will come back full force IME.for the most part i'd say they look excellent though. what are you gonna flower with ?

They look stressed b/c I have to overdose them a bit on nitrogen, if I take the pictures right after they get watered they are standing up at full attention. If I don't give them too much nitrogen, they start showing deficiency's before I can water them again.

I'm growing in a mixture of Peat Moss, Coco, Perlite, and Pumice. It drains very well and also retains it's moisture very well. So if I don't give them enough (N) growth slows for a day. Right now they don't dry out until every 2 days, that time is starting to decrease though as now they are using more water at this point.

I use The Sun for flowering:hubba:

:bong2:

Here I lollipopped a few of them to make it easier to water and to force growth into the upper branches. The little one's are now one and a half weeks old. The topped plant is coming along very nicely. I FIM'd the tops of all the other plants to stop their upward growth for a few days and produce more tops.

i may be wrong but i think i see the result of over watering i n 1 or 2 of your girls.

Here are more pics from the same day. Some very nice pics of female preflowers in their earliest stages. So far all female:bong2:

PUFF MONKEY said:
i may be wrong but i think i see the result of over watering i n 1 or 2 of your girls.

I let them dry out completely between waterings. They only get 1L every 2 days.

The one's on the right ?

hey Indica, what allows you to know they are all females so far..? did you get female seeds or clones? or are those sharp looking arching tips coming from the nodes that are showing female characteristics? thanks, and lookin yummy
:p

happygrow said:
hey Indica, what allows you to know they are all females so far..? did you get female seeds or clones? or are those sharp looking arching tips coming from the nodes that are showing female characteristics? thanks, and lookin yummy
:p

No those are the stipules that you are talking about and those are on every plant. The preflowers form right behind those where the branch meets the stem, they began showing around the 5- 7th week of growth. I'll take more pics of them today, should be able to see them better it's been a couple of days since the other pics I took. I don't waste my money on feminized seeds, there are plenty of ways to ensure that you only grow females from seed.

Everything still just growing away:watchplant:

I got a up close shot of the female preflower so you can see what it looks like. In a week or two it will feather out 2 small pistils ( white hairs ). :bong2:

Latest posts

Back