My Growing Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
And what would that be?

Ways to produce more females

1. Use lighting closer to the blue end of the spectrum for the first 3 weeks.
( Super Blue ) bulbs

2. Low lighting, don't blast your seedlings with light. Keep the light further away for the first 2 - 3 weeks or use CFL's for the seedling growth stage.

3. High moisture, keep the humidity high and the medium wet for the first 2 -3 weeks ( without overwatering ). Don't let it go dry, after this time make the roots work for their food.

4. Higher levels of nitrogen during the first 2 - 3 weeks, and lower levels of potassium.

5. Lower temperatures

6. NO STRESS, always produces more females.

All of these methods will yield more female plants.:bong2:

LOL--all those things help, but it is a long ways from "there are plenty of ways to ensure that you only grow females from seed..." You are still going to get males.

imo, nothing wrong with males.....breeding purposes.

Another grower who believes that seeds can change sex! :giggle:

nice plants man!! pulling up a chair!:holysheep: :watchplant:

leafminer said:
Another grower who believes that seeds can change sex! :giggle:

I already posted how female seeds are produced and what is responsible for the creation of a female plant....you must have missed that one:rolleyes:

Chromosomes are responsible for the determination of the sex on a plant.....or just about anything for that matter.:bong2:

But it is quite peculiar how following all of the steps above does tend to produce more females. :bong2:

loolagigi said:
imo, nothing wrong with males.....breeding purposes.

I don't have a problem with males, when I want them.:bong2:

I foliar fed the plants today, using General Hydroponics Floralicious and Advanced Nutrients Sweet Leaf
Applied with Dutch Master Penetrator

I use

1 ml / 1L of the Floralicious
1 ml / 1L of the Sweet Leaf

Dr. Indica said:
I let them dry out completely between waterings. They only get 1L every 2 days.

that could be the reason you see deficiencies so quickly and growth slow.... letting them dry out completely can also cause root damage that can stress your plants.... in soil, i water when the top inch or 2 is dry, depending on container size, and have yet to see growth slow.... if i let one dry out a bit too much, that's when i notice growth slow....

keep in mind, just my opinion though....

Here are my ladies today, smelling sweet and looking sexy. Letting the pots dry causes the root mass to expand looking for more water. I prefer to go through a wet/dry cycle it's a closer replication of nature. I haven't had any slow growth, I FIM the plants almost everyday....that's why they look the same size, but I still have at least 2" worth of growth a day.:hubba: :bong2:

Here are my ladies today, 3 of them were moved for flowering. I'm going to veg. the others a bit longer.:watchplant:

Latest posts

Back