My Little Grow 100% LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunakard2000 said:
hopefuly getting to the store tomorrow along with the hydro store for more supplys.
THG - i wanna stay its genetic since everything else nute def wise looks just fine, and my temps have only gotten down to maybe 66 at night and has been holding steady around 72 all day. but like Roddy said it could be something small but at this point i dont care lol its lookin amazing and bulking up so i cant complain.

Did I misunderstand when Hushpuppy said ideal temps were 65-75F and you said you were running 3-5 degrees lower and higher?

yeah i said i was 3-5* higher then the 65-75 night/day temps he recommended... so im running around 68-78 night/day or so its been for the past few weeks, as it gets colder out i might turn on my heat finally, havnt had a need yet, temps arnt getting below 65 at night in my closet

Thanks. Those are great temps. There is no problem getting down to 65.

gaaah finally some time to sit down and resize pics and post an update YAY!!!

GB - 15.jpg GB - 19.jpg GB - 19c.jpg

pic 1 - oct 12 few days prior to 4weeks in flower
pic 2 - oct 17 day after 4 weeks in flower
pic 3 - oct 17, another view with lights

GB - 20.jpg GB - 21a.jpg GB - 22a.jpg GB - 23.jpg GB - 24.jpg

pic 1-5 Oct 18

pic 3, purpling all over, its a rich yet deep royal lookin purple

:ciao: Sun

Last pic is showing a bit of clawing, could have something to do with the purpling as well...dunno! Looking good so far, my friend!

thanks roddy but are you talking about some of the lower leaves in the last pic? those are dying off, thinking if trimming up a few more branches that just aint doing much of anything and letting the rest go, she looks good though doesnt appear to be yellowing early or anyother major nute def so thats good... ill keep yall posted with some more pics next mon/tue if iv got time

I would not trim anything. The plant will drop the leaf when it is through with it.

if yall would let me know what yah think about my lil gal... keep in mind im taking this to the end with only LEDs mainly to see just how well these lights work especially in flowering, pretty much im after a comparison between my GB plant under 2 135watt LED UFOs and an HPS, i am saving up some cash with my friend for a full grow tent deal at my local HTG Supply, including tent (4X4X7foot), hps bulb, reflector, dimmable ballist, exhaust fan/hose, clipon fan, grow bags, organic soil, full line of nutes, cloning set and a bunch more for like $650, considering everything in this bundle goes for well over $800, i cant pass it up XD

IMO, $650 is too much money for what you are getting. Can you link the package deal so we can look at it? The one I found that was $570 without shipping will need to be upgraded. I personally do not believe that it is cheaper to buy these things packaged like this (regardless of whether HTG says it's worth $800, it is not).

The package I looked at came with a batwing reflector, which would need to be upgraded to an air coolable hood or cooltube. It also does not come with a "real" exhaust fan. It comes with an inline duct booster fan (shame on HTG as this is totally inadequate). The oscillating fan is a tiny clip on fan that goes for under $5 most places.

These are just examples, but will give you an idea how much cheaper you can put this package together yourself--you may find better buys. The tent, light, timer, yo-yos, fan and filter I have linked go for $456.00 and you have far better products--a cool tube, and a real centrifuge fan. A duct booster fan is totally inadequate to use at all, but even more so if you try to couple it with a carbon filter. I encourage you to look around. I have never ever seen a package deal that was actually "a deal".

I would recommend checking out buying things "ala carte". You can get a tent for under $150. I am looking at one on Amazon that seems pretty heavy duty and is under $140. The tent offered by HTG is actually 47 x 47, which would prevent you ever being able to use a 4' light if you wanted. You should also be able to get a 600W digi ballast with an air coolable hood or a cool tube for $200-250. You should be able to get a centrifuge type fan and carbon filter for around $160.

Tent-hXXp://www.amazon.com/Large-Hydroponics-4X4X7-Reflective-Mylar/dp/B0078P34A8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1HHYPCL51QYFW&coliid=I1WDUT9A34VEFH

Light-hXXp://www.amazon.com/Grow-Light-hydroponic-Dimmable-Pressure/dp/B005HB3L6W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1350832745&sr=8-4&keywords=600w+hps

Fan/filter combo-hXXp://www.amazon.com/Hydropronic-Inline-Carbon-Filter-Control/dp/B002ZJNW3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350833201&sr=8-1&keywords=CARBON+FILTER+FAN+COMBO

The total for a 600W digi in a cooltube, a 4 x 4 tent, a 440 cfm centrifuge fan, a carbon filter, yo-yos, and a timer is just over $450. The other things in the HTG package can be picked up fairly inexpensively. I personally have never seen a package deal that was actually "a deal". You are paying a chunk of money to have someone else put the package together. It took me about 5 minutes to find better buys.....

so dont upgrade the ballast get a better fan instead? do you still think the price is too much still?

been looking around for some better prices and im seeing alot.. gonna re think my plan here a bit and talk with my buddy and see what we can come up with, ill let yall know our final list to see what yall think...
on a side note i wish i had a wicked camera... this crappy one just doesnt cut the butter, just cant see the trics in the pics, but my lil GB girl is starting to fillout with trichs more and more each day, so far about 50% of the tiny shade leaves commin outta the buds are covered in trichs... 50%+ of each leaf, not half the total leaves. again with this being an LED only grow im actualy quite happy with the results thus far, shes lookin good and starting to really stink, its a sweet and kinda fruity scent with a hint of skunk in there, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it lol, just the gentle rustling of leaves from my fan is now enough to pump out some major scent into my room, gotta love it. well pics commin up wed or thur so ill catch yall then.

Its prob gonna be alil over $600 for a whole 4x4 tent setup with 600hps... piece it out...

Tent $115 shipped Ebay
Fan $80 ebay
Scrubber $ 80 ebay
600hps w aircooled hood $275 maybe alil more depending on hood HTGsupply

The only advice I can give you on tents is You get what you pay for.

I have 2 tents an e-bay cheap one and a Secret Jardin DRII. The cheap one is just that cheap. Inferior hangers, broken zippers, light leaks and pin/needle holes. The SJ has far less pin/needle holes, better hangers, better exit ports. All around better.

I use the cheap one for my veg tent and the SJ for my flower tent.
The cheap one sorta of looked like all the stars were out on a clear night when the light is on, looking from the outside. Took a lot of tape to eliminate them pin/needle holes.

so yesterday was the week 5 mark, starting week 6 now, question for yall... obviously every strain has a diff flowering time, but seeing as im at week 5 when should i start nute starving so she can naturaly yellow up to lessen the harshness of the smoke?

sunakard2000 said:
so yesterday was the week 5 mark, starting week 6 now, question for yall... obviously every strain has a diff flowering time, but seeing as im at week 5 when should i start nute starving so she can naturaly yellow up to lessen the harshness of the smoke?

No. I don't know how much longer you think these are going to go, but IMO, you have a long ways to go--at least as long as you have been flowering so far. Even though you are at 5 weeks, the buds in the pics taken 5 days ago show not a lot of bud development. I would plan on at least another 5 weeks unless the trichs tell you they are ready before that. Most strains take from 8-10 weeks. Most of mine are 9 weeks or longer. Were these sexually mature when you put them into 12/12?

I never flush my plants and I do not have harsh bud. IMO, after a good dry and cure, you cannot tell the difference.

yeah it was defentaly a female, about 6 pistils the day prior to the flip.
so if you dont flush do you lower nutes in the last few weeks? or just keep giving it the same amount

When I running hydro, about the last week, I just top up with plain water instead of renuting. Sometimes, however, I run nutes right up to the end.

Latest posts

Back