Mylar Hood !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tater said:
Whoa, been outta the loop for a while, thanks guys for correcting me.

Lefthand I'm glad to see you got something fabbed up out of metal you did a bang up job. In the future if you are ever looking for metal go check the dumpsters at construction sites, lots of stuff today is disposable.

Mutt for somereason I had it in my head that white plant was only a couple percentages below mylar but I must have gotten things mixed up in my brain.

On another off topic side shoot here and since this thread has already been utterly and totally jacked (hah, it happens lefthand) I did read in the Nov 2009 issue of Greenhouse Canada that diffused light has been being used with great success even on plants that love direct light, I'll dig it up and see fi I can find an online article on it, it was a good read.

Jack my thread will yeah hahahahahah... i think i know what yer talking about...... they slide behind or infront of the bulb to spread out the light so its not so concentrated on one spot????:confused: :confused: :confused: ????????
i told yas i would get something made up out of metal.. hehehe
LH

thank god its done hehe... here are a few pics of her in action and up just in the middle of my basement..
its made out of a 3'x2' chunk of sheet metal,the wings are 10" wide bent at a 40 degree angle.. thus leaves the middle strip at 4".. she wrks.. yay.
LH

DSC02381.JPG

DSC02385.JPG

DSC02390.JPG

DSC02387.JPG

DSC02389.JPG

DSC02391.JPG

very nice lefthand might have to try it for my cooltube

I think any of you who use cool tubes without reflectors will see an improvement with a reflector installed. It sure looks great to tme.

Is the light diffuser that you are speaking of, the little one made out of perforated metal that sits below a horizontal bulb so that the bight spot in the middle disappears? I've seen them a lot in the grow shops.

One easy way to lessen the variation in light distribution is to use vertical bulb mounted reflectors. My converted commercial high-bay reflectors all use vertical mounted bulbs and their light patterns are much more even than the shiny "grow" reflectors using the horizontal mountings.

Great smoking.

DonJones said:
I think any of you who use cool tubes without reflectors will see an improvement with a reflector installed. It sure looks great to tme.

Is the light diffuser that you are speaking of, the little one made out of perforated metal that sits below a horizontal bulb so that the bight spot in the middle disappears? I've seen them a lot in the grow shops.

One easy way to lessen the variation in light distribution is to use vertical bulb mounted reflectors. My converted commercial high-bay reflectors all use vertical mounted bulbs and their light patterns are much more even than the shiny "grow" reflectors using the horizontal mountings.

Great smoking.

Yeah thats the one..never seen em used ;) so i took that into big concideration..
and the light is direct. down that is hehehehe... it worked out better then i thought it would..

FRUITY:.. thanx and from what i have tried it, it works pretty good.. better then before.. thats for sure... if you do decide to build a similar design you'll notice the diffrence as well..
LH

Latest posts

Back