Mylar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
87405E95-7101-4B31-9CC3-BBC9F9C41354.jpeg

I am new here, so this is my first post, other than the one on the introduction forum.
If I did this right, there will be a picture attached to this.
This is my first indoor grow. I fixed up this grow closet for my wife. She attempted to grow a time or two, but ole brown thumb kills everything she touches. She either lost interest, or finally felt guilty about torturing all those plants to death.
Anywho, I figured I might as well take a crack at it. I am a lifelong gardener, by the way.
These girls are due to be done cookin around March 20, so this picture was taken a little while ago.
The point of posting the picture was actually to ask if any of you are familiar with the shiny silver Mylar that I use. A friend of mine works at a printing company, he brought me some rolls of this. It has a backing that is peeled off exposing the adhesive side of the Mylar.
I cut it to the length I want, peel off the backing, and stick it to the wall.
Apparently you can order this stuff from most printing companies.
You can see the roll sitting on the floor with the ff bottle sticking out of it.
I read a lot about people describing the hassle Mylar is and figured you must be using something different than me, because this is easy.

Btw, LSD on the left, Blueberry kush on the right.

Looking good. If you ever get tired of the Mylar. Flat White paint does the same thing and is much easier to maintain and keep clean. Plus no wrinkles or hot spots.

View attachment 288470

I am new here, so this is my first post, other than the one on the introduction forum.
If I did this right, there will be a picture attached to this.
This is my first indoor grow. I fixed up this grow closet for my wife. She attempted to grow a time or two, but ole brown thumb kills everything she touches. She either lost interest, or finally felt guilty about torturing all those plants to death.
Anywho, I figured I might as well take a crack at it. I am a lifelong gardener, by the way.
These girls are due to be done cookin around March 20, so this picture was taken a little while ago.
The point of posting the picture was actually to ask if any of you are familiar with the shiny silver Mylar that I use. A friend of mine works at a printing company, he brought me some rolls of this. It has a backing that is peeled off exposing the adhesive side of the Mylar.
I cut it to the length I want, peel off the backing, and stick it to the wall.
Apparently you can order this stuff from most printing companies.
You can see the roll sitting on the floor with the ff bottle sticking out of it.
I read a lot about people describing the hassle Mylar is and figured you must be using something different than me, because this is easy.

Btw, LSD on the left, Blueberry kush on the right.
Your plants look good. I like the Mylar too!

Ive used Mylar just didnt like it. To much of a pain in the ass and very easy to get hot spots and cleaning it leaves a residue. But to each his own. Thats what makes the world go round.

I was more curious to know if the Mylar everyone on here mentions using was self sticking. Seems like everyone insinuates that they have to attach it to the wall with tape.

Also, how does the Mylar cause hot spots?

Wrinkles in the Mylar installation. And the Mylar i used was not self-sticking.

go to bed roster...scientific research supports using dimpled or hammered mylar like they use inside of tents...seems the irregular profile works better than smooth mylar...

This stuff is also weatherproof. You can wipe it down with soap or whatever

what's in the bag hanging, calcium chloride to dehumidify...curious...

Yeah the wrinkles I seen didn't look like dimples.😁
I do love golf though. Golf balls have dimples.
Lest play golf Boo.

These poor new people…..
Bet they think we’re all crazy with the thread drift.
By any the way I call golf whack f.u.c.k
Because every time the club goes whack I say ****!

Latest posts

Back