N-Caged Grow, Outdoor 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow TC it looks like you have enough bud to last the winter for sure!

i really agree with greeneyes. you run a tight ship, so to say, with your grow journals (captain bud):D :cool2:

well written, straight information, high lighted strains,:) killer drool pics, multi strains, a real goldmine of grow journals every summer imo...last four anyway!:cool:

so you liked my bpotm eh? lol. that was several strains we gifted this year to help some locals that help others, and unfortunately thier outdoor crop was stolen first of oct, just nights before harvest. they helped irish when we were in the same boat, least i could do...;)

there are some killer awesome buds in there this month. you know, when you showed a bud shot one time of a purp, gdp i think, and you had a black latex glove on, on a dark background? the mrs and i really liked that shot alot. it was artistic, and who knows, planned or not, its one of our favorites.:D :cool:

ramblin high again, but its all good...peace my friend...

Man oh man thats a nice fat bud I tell ya,:icon_smile:
got 1 more plant to trim and im done, but shes 14 ft tall:hairpull:

Old Hippy, I just finished my last plant. It was really a third of full size and started short. The U2 Kush that I wanted to keep till last for the hope of the most Amber. At this point I am very happy to be done and do not envy you at all a 13 foot monster plant to trim.

1. Before the U2 Kush
2. After the U2 Kush
3. Irish' favorite. This smoke was Mr. TC's fave last year too.

:D :D :D

Happy Dance here. :D

Thanks Irish, sorry to hear about the friends plight. I hate leaving my home all of September and all of October till the last plant is in. I can leave now and not stress about how long I am gone and I love it.

U2 before.jpg

U2 after, last.jpg

4 Irish.jpg

Nice looking buds TC. I'd say you got a BPOTM in there some place. That N.L. has got me all hot and bothered. PEACE!

Hiya TC! Nice harvest indeed. Hope it's enough to last till next year :p

You say the smell of the Pineapple Cindy 99 is very pineapple. Is the taste also? Is that clone only or is it available in seed? Thanks- say hi to Mr. TC. He and I need to go chase some smallies some day!

BBFan, I am the one that prefers the small mouth, he likes those big mouth variety best. Our lake has few of either, and this year we just didn't fish much.

As you can see I gardened. The Pineapple does retain some pineapple aroma when you take a dry hit off a joint. It has a pleasant fruity taste when smoked. Maybe not so much pineapple but very nice. I am a believer in the Pineapple Cindy 99. A slow starter, took forever for the buds to get where they looked like they were gonna even grow, but dang, once they did, they got nice and big and did firm up in the last few weeks......I kept wondering if they would. I got this Cindy from a friend as a clone, I dont know if it available in seed.

I am hoping we get to fish on Shasta Lake some this winter, nothing like getting bundled up and catching a few. NOT on the River here though, just too cold for me to fish the river. When the snot freezes on your moustash and the water freezes the line to the eyes of your pole, no, not for me. Not that I have a moustash, but I seen Mr TC with frozen as above. Many Steel Head live because I wont go out in the cold.....lol.

I am doing a overall smoke/performance report on the strains I grew this year, will be posting it soon.

Looking forward to your report TC.
Stay warm on the lake.Sounds fun.

Thanks TC. We have plenty of places locally for large mouth, but not as much for smallies- at least of any significant size. Biggest I've caught around here was a bit over 4 lbs. But it put up a bigger fight than a 7 lb large.

I'll be interested in the full smoke report. I'm looking for new flavors to add and pineapple and lemon are my 2 top choices right now.

tcbud said:
I am doing a overall smoke/performance report on the strains I grew this year, will be posting it soon.

Sooo excellent! ;)

My 7 year old, the pickiest kid on the planet, recently decided the bass and bluegill she catches is her favorite meat! She's basically been a vegetarian since eating solid food, so it wasn't a huge stretch lol...

tc, I LOVE your river for steelhead.. One of my all time faves.. They don't get huge there, but the scenery is hard to beat... And the last few times I was there we brought nothing home.. All caught were wild and released ;) Had some friends a ways down stream from you in Big Bar and it ran through their front yard (more or less..)... Spent some of my best ever winters there... If you've ever been forced to fish on the lower Feather, then you know what a charmer yours really is ;)

One day Ima meet you two @ Shasta for a fish off.... Fish on!!

Great looking buds. It most be so rewarding to have boxes like that full of bud. :aok:

:48:

i cant believe i never posted for this one yet. great buds,

Working on that rating sheet now. Thanks for stopping in all.

NV, I agree about the beauty of our river. We have more small mouth than large in the lake we fish. I think my biggest was 5 on our lake, though as you say fight like a seven pound Large Mouth. Shasta is a treat to pull in a smallie. We always let them go there as the Spots are taking over that lake.

Will have performance report today or tomorrow (my back is not letting me sit here long). I have become a light weight smoking, I only smoke night time now. I have a quest for the "two hit wonder". So, smoke report is gonna have wait till Mr Tc comes home for the winter, should be the end of the week or sooner! I am gonna do a few long ones on the favorites of this year.

STRAIN, WEEKS (days), WEIGHT (per plant)

Grand Queen Purple 9 (63) 8.10
Aug 13 flower. Large plants (5’), big buds, medium branches, heavy popcorn. Heavy hashish aroma, much like GDP. 5 days to take 4 plants, popcorn heavy, easy trim. Bud rot heavy.

Cherry AK 47 8.14 (57) 9.59
Aug 5 flower. Small bush plants, spindly branches, large buds, heavy popcorn. 3 people one day trim all 4 plants, medium trim. Sweet odor wet. Rot light.

U2 Kush 9 (63) 8.6
Aug 10 flower. Small plant (last to put in), strong branches, rock hard buds, light popcorn. Easy trim. Aroma like hash, sticky. Light rot.

Chem D 11 (77) 5.57
Aug 10 flower. Small bush, strong stalks, exactly like LVPK, rock hard buds, light popcorn. 3/4 day to trim. Easiest to trim. Bud rot medium. Not much odor.

Indiana Bubblegum ? 12.0
No start date. Seemed to take forever for the buds to start to grow once in flower. Large purple buds, spindly branches, very green leaf, medium on ease of trim, lots of popcorn. Bud rot light.

LVPK 10.85 (76) 12.6
Aug 10 flower. Small bush, strong branches, rock hard buds, light popcorn. 1.5 day to trim. Easiest to trim, 10. Bud rot medium. Not much odor.

87 NorthernLights 9.8 (69) 6
Aug 16 flower. Large plant, heavy stalks, rock hard buds, light popcorn. 1 day to trim, easy 9. Aroma like petroleum chemicals,

Pineapple Cindy 99 10 (70) 8
Aug 15 flower. Large plant, light stalks, medium hard buds (took till the end to firm up),
heavy popcorn. Pineapple aroma. 4 days to trim, 3. Stickiest by far. Bud rot medium.

Urkel 9.2 (65)
Aug 13 flower. 4 Plants in single smart pot, medium stalks, rock hard buds, taken early due to bud rot starting. Trim would have been 7. Delish aroma, kinda grape like, fruity.

Pink Pistil Plant 10.57 (74)
No start date. Beautiful plant, pink pistils. Petroleum Chemical aroma. Bud rot light.
Heavy Yielder. Medium airy buds.

Rating Points

Early Flower, 1 first week August, 2 second week August, 3 third week August.

Trimgoes from easiest 1 - hardest 3

Popcorn, light 1, medium 2, heavy 3.

Bud Rot, 1 for light, 2 for medium, 3 for heavy.

Stalks 1 for heavy (no tie), 2 for medium 9 (tied some), 3 for spindly (total tied)

Plant Size 1 for large (5’ +), 2 for medium (4’), 3 for small (3’).

Bud Size 1 for big, 2 for medium, 3 for small.

Bud Density 1 for hardest, 2 medium, 3 airy.

Grand Queen Purple
3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1 =16

Cherry AK 47
1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2 =12

U2 Kush
2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1 =13

Chem D
2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1 =12

Indiana Bubblegum (gave it a 2 for early flower)
2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 2 =15

LVPK
2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1 =12

87 NorthernLights
3, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 =11

Pineapple Cindy 99
3, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 2 =16

As you can see the lower numbers relate to a better plant on my scale for this years grow. But that is only judging the plants I had. The biggest thing that I would count on that rating (for me) is start flower time and how long they went till harvest and I didn’t include that. The AK 47 would be the fastest I harvested, but, the quality of the stone is not as good as going longer like for the LVPK. This was not a normal year weather wise. We were able to take our plants longer than normal. Usually we are fighting rain and deadly hard frost by the middle of October and sometimes earlier.

There would be other factors such as amounts per plant, and how well it smoked/cured. But I am done for the day. :D

Latest posts

Back