nads or seeds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrashMagnet

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
These were only on the underside of the lowest branches. I think I would have needed a mirror to spot them before I cut it for harvest. Are the nads? This is one of the few plants I didn't abuse, well until I killed it for harvest.

nads.jpg

nads2.jpg

nads3.jpg

I dont think so. I think you will find shortly that pistols will emerge. Usually males are rounder, without the pointy tip.
Keep a close eye, Bubba has been mistaken before!

Bubba

That plant was just harvested. You can see the cut stem in the last pic. I didn't spot those round growths until I hung it upside down : )

I was worried the thing had hermed on me and I didn't notice. That would make the seeds on another plant in the tent suspect. But I never saw any pollen pods, just flowers. Being on the lowest branches, though, made me wonder.

Boo, do you have recommended reading? My web "research" is obviously lacking. I thought the calyx is what holds the seeds, and is largely what bud is made of.

nothing specific, just been playing gardener for a long time...the flower has many calyx glands, most in the flower but some strains will have them below the union where the flower meets the stalk...

Wow, that was short and to the point. Thanks!

They just look a little different on the harvested plant than they do on one just entering flower stage. The ones on my young GSC autos, for example, are pretty much just the pistils to my old eyes. There's no seed or pollen sack looking extrusion like in the pics I posted.

Wow, that was short and to the point. Thanks!

They just look a little different on the harvested plant than they do on one just entering flower stage. The ones on my young GSC autos, for example, are pretty much just the pistils to my old eyes. There's no seed or pollen sack looking extrusion like in the pics I posted.
I would have also brought the question here. I’m a newbie and there is a lot of good help here. Boo is one of them

Latest posts

Back