Name This Deficiency!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docfishwrinkle

Reaction score
im pretty sure this is a potassium deficiency or possibly ph. plants are 16-20 inches in 1 gallon pots. they are in pro mix bx w/ mychorise, perlite, & tsp lime per gal soil. have f.f. full line but am currently feeding week three of their schedule for 3 wks now. reason is am waiting for flower room to become available. grow big(6-4-4) @ 3tsp/gal & big bloom(.01-.3-.7) @ 2 tbl/gal. if this is a K prob shouldn't i be able to bump up big bloom to maybe 2.5 tbl? or is there a better solution? before you ask i dont own a expensive ph meter either. had a probe & you know how good those are so i smashed it. when comes time to flower am going to try massproducers coco buckets.

DSCN1079-1.JPG

having probs down loading rest of pics. will post as soon as poss.

it is kind of hard to tell from only the 1 picture but it somewhat looks to me as if it may be a ph problem. Is this the only leaf that displays these signs? What does the new growth look like?

over-watered or ph sounds the like to me. the leafs though look like to much ph. whats your levels at?

If it was overwatering the leaves would be drooped ontop of one another. It could possibly be nothing if its localized to just that single leaf. You could have caused the damage yourself without realizing it. When you get your pic issues sorted we should have a better shot at figuring it out.

massproducer said:
it is kind of hard to tell from only the 1 picture but it somewhat looks to me as if it may be a ph problem. Is this the only leaf that displays these signs? What does the new growth look like?
yes i forgot to say it only appears on older fans, the fans from main stem. new growth is fine, but will eventually succum to the same state. this is what i thought (about ph) & is reason i will be trying coco buckets. pro mix contains lots of peat so im guessing ph is high 5's to low 6's. could i take powdered dolomitic lime & mix in water @ tsp/gal to help?

docfishwrinkle said:
im pretty sure this is a potassium deficiency or possibly ph. plants are 16-20 inches in 1 gallon pots. they are in pro mix bx w/ mychorise, perlite, & tsp lime per gal soil. have f.f. full line but am currently feeding week three of their schedule for 3 wks now. reason is am waiting for flower room to become available. grow big(6-4-4) @ 3tsp/gal & big bloom(.01-.3-.7) @ 2 tbl/gal. if this is a K prob shouldn't i be able to bump up big bloom to maybe 2.5 tbl? or is there a better solution? before you ask i dont own a expensive ph meter either. had a probe & you know how good those are so i smashed it. when comes time to flower am going to try massproducers coco buckets.
heres other pic

DSCN1080.JPG

You can't just guess what your PH is. If you start doing that you'll most likely do much more harm than good. Bite the bullet and go spend the money on a real ph meter.

thanks & i know i need one but i cant swing it @ moment. used a liquid test & came up round 6.

The last pic shows signs of nute burn, it could be a PH issue if you have lockout but you keep adding nutes.

f.f. full line but am currently feeding week three of their schedule for 3 wks now. reason is am waiting for flower room to become available. grow big(6-4-4) @ 3tsp/gal & big bloom(.01-.3-.7) @ 2 tbl/gal. if this is a K prob shouldn't i be able to bump up big bloom to maybe 2.5 tbl?

I use FF Full Line as well.....
Your not following the feeding schedule. Fox Fams Grow Big at Full strength is 2TSP/Gal, so your giving it too much right there. Also using full strength should be worked up to and not just given,,, I started at 1/4 strength and am in my 6th week, 1st week of flower and I just gave them Full Strength. My plants are 15 inches tall. Full strength pushed the limits on my plants....

Since you have already burned them feed them only water for the next few feedings times, feeding nutes every other watering after that. You should only have to be giving nutes 5 or so times during the life of the plant....

after it looks like she recovered, Reduce your feedings to at least 1/2 strength on all 3 FF products. Then gradually increase strength to full strength over time and watch her...If it looks like shes getting too much back off a bit...

A general rule of thumb is to use HALF of whatever the recommended usuage is for ANY nuit line. You will allways be better off using less then more.

New_2_Chronic said:
I use FF Full Line as well.....
Your not following the feeding schedule. Fox Fams Grow Big at Full strength is 2TSP/Gal, so your giving it too much right there. Also using full strength should be worked up to and not just given,,, I started at 1/4 strength and am in my 6th week, 1st week of flower and I just gave them Full Strength. My plants are 15 inches tall. Full strength pushed the limits on my plants....

Since you have already burned them feed them only water for the next few feedings times, feeding nutes every other watering after that. You should only have to be giving nutes 5 or so times during the life of the plant....

after it looks like she recovered, Reduce your feedings to at least 1/2 strength on all 3 FF products. Then gradually increase strength to full strength over time and watch her...If it looks like shes getting too much back off a bit...
wk. 3 on my chart says 3 tsp of grow big(this is for veg not flower just to clear things up). these plants are 11 wks just been feeding them repeated wk 3 for bout three wks til i repot & move into flower room. yes i did feed em @ .25 strength & gradually worked it up to full over 6 wks time, so i introduced nutes to them @ 4 wks old. thanks for the advice much appreciated!

ok folks been giving plants plain ro water no nutes for three weeks now & plants are not getting any better, theyre looking worse. runoff is @ 6. heres some pics.

:watchplant: :farm: Go to DIY MP red cabbage PH thread follow the instructions. This is a great way to test PH.

:confused2: I'm using PROMIX BX had plant looking about the same. The PH was the problem. Fixed by using 1 tablespoon of lime per gallon of plain water. Old growth will not change. New growth should be fine.

:tokie: :48:

:banana: :headbang2: :bong1: :yay:

thanks ozzy i forgot about cabbage test & guess what ive got it in my garden. yeah thought was ph issue but been duped by 2 ph methods. need to save & get good meter. should i water w/ lime water then next week restart nutes?

:watchplant: :farm: Check PH by flushing with water. Add lime 1 tbsp per gallon, 1/4 strength nutes for 2 weeks, then full strength.

:tokie: :48:
:headbang2: :bong1:

Latest posts

Back