need an exhaust fan? 1575 cfm 8" $72.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thought I'd share this with you. If you have followed my current grow journal you will see I have a heat issue. so I decieded I was going to get a good exhaust fan. But being a cheapskate and DIYer I searched the world over and found this. It is small, less than a foot long, says it's 8-7/8 but if you remove the grill it's a perfect 8. (I have actually reduced mine down to 4" (8-6-4). It only draws 1.4 amps and I will tell you what, it move the air, no if and or buts about it. You can get it at Harbour freight for $72.99. By itself it is a little noisy (but not unbearable) but what i did is left it in the box (it has cool styrofoam blocks) cut out the ends of the box(and foam cicle) for the ducts filled the rest of the box with foam peanuts, closed it back up and set the whole thing on a folded towel and now you can't hear it from more than @2 feet away. It's been running non stop for a week and is completely cool to the touch, no heat issues at all! It instantly lowered my GR temps to exactly the outside temp. Hope this is of some use to someone else.

*Note- go to harbour freights website and type ventilator in the search box.

Oops! I guess there is no u in harbor freight.

Amaethon.

P1010202.JPG

P1010203.JPG

Another cheap source of fans for those on a budget is an air mover
OZAM650WAimg_spec.jpg

There are some decent sized centrifugal fans in these suckers. These things will require some form of noise attenuation though.

Latest posts

Back