Need expert advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phmaster

Reaction score
I’m about 4 and a half weeks into flower and this ain’t right, not really changing from this and don’t want to loose it. Was told it’s a light leak problem but I’ve sat in the room for about 20 mins dark and can’t find a thing and has never happened in the past!

Attachments

• F1B5921C-BB8D-4A9F-8CB0-AC9D2B616013.jpeg
    F1B5921C-BB8D-4A9F-8CB0-AC9D2B616013.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 43
It could be that they are way too overcrowded. long ago my first indoor grow, i crammed 40 plants ended with a bunch of stems and pistils. Coupled with other factors like wrong environment, the light bulb degradation, rootbound or root issues, all these can lead to very low productivity. Sadly it is not possible to recover them as the flowering period remains the same so if they are 4 weeks in, you still have the remaining time to try and bulk them up. Maybe remove a plant or more if you have many. It is better to try and keep plants intact at this stage so consider removing whole plants if not possible decide wisely which branches to cut. It could also be very high or very low temps. Well I hope you find your issue. Good luck!

Looks like a Sativa thats running out of room and not getting enough light and air.

yep---my 1st guess would be a constant light leak---or---the timer is kicking the light on during the dark period

Think he said that he set in the grow room in the dark for awhile and didnt see a leak,,so if its a light problem it would be the timer.

True,but be sure you have absolutely no lights on in there,it could something as small as a little leds on ac units or anything in your room that has leds

Yeah im really not that familiar with light leaks causing Hermies.
I use to turn my lights on at night when i got home from work late to water and such. Never had a hermi untill i grew some Bagseed.

Are you getting pollen sacs (I couldn’t tell from the pic) or just a stretchy Sativa girl that is getting into the lights? You can easily enough chop that piece off and end up just fine. You may have vegged it too long for the space/strain you are running. If you can’t bed/train it, chop it off and let the plant focus on building out the other bud sites

If your worried about them hitting the light, don't chop it. Bend it over, and done correctly it will not break..
one direction it will, you'll feel it. I start out pinching mine, when I know its done right, then start bending it
over at 90* angle, and use a string to tie it down or it will go back.. I've even broken mine doing this, she
built a knot at the break and did fine.

It very well could be the strain bro.. had same issue growing a friends Perth Poison from Australia, it just
did not like my humid environment and grew long dread locks, never went hermie.

Hermie issues can be caused be stress of any type, be it a light leak, high heat for the strain, over feeding, over watering.. all cause stress. sounds like you just have a strain that is very sensitive and used to a different
altitude, longitude etc.... switch your lights to 13hrs dark, 11hrs light... pluck any hermie nanners if you can.
this late in grow you won't get seeds, usually the popcorn white ones, still sucks..

better luck next run, if this a first... might not be you man...

P.S. Roots Organics Soil Rules... hehe

Those narrow leaves lead me to the assumption there`s lotsa` sativa in those plants . They use/need way way way less nitrogen during the veg . . Even a high N soil is a no-no at this stage . As green as they look , that could very well be what`s causing that stretch . That`s my 2 cents !
peace

So worked out defiantly light leak ahah it was about the size of a pen tip but waiting in room for 30mins dark period it was like a flood light and being sativa dominant hybrid it just ate it up aha, since thread started been givin hormone chemicals to smash auxin levels and revert back to start of flower and now is starting to bunch up!
will post photos when harvest time

Latest posts

Back