need help on my new room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yin325i

Reaction score
I've seen many different set up in people grow room, but I don't know which one is right for me or the best. I used to use a regular reflector with no air cool. and now I have a new room which i can put 4 x 1000w hps in it, so which method of set up should I use.

Method 1:
-one 10" exhaust fan with carbon filter to exhaust the air out the room
-two 4" fan hook up to the air cool reflector ( 1 fan for 2 reflector) and bring the heat out the room or one 6" fan for all reflector

Method 2:
-one 10" exhaust fan with carbon filter connect to 4 air cool reflector and out the room
-one 6" fan to bring fresh air in

Method 3:
- two 4" fan connect to 4 air cool reflector (1 fan for 2 reflector) or one 6" fan for all reflector to bring the heat out the room
-one 10" exhaust fan with carbon filter that doesn't connect to any tubing out the room, only run the air back in the room
-one 6" fan bring fresh air in

Method 4:
-use the regular reflector with no air cool
-one 10" exhaust fan to bring the heat out the room
-one 6" fan to bring the fresh air in

Or any other set up you guys recommend? may be it's better than one of these methods. pls let me know

Any advice will be appreciate, and thank you for reading my post.

Couldn't tell you about 1000w, but I've got (2) 600watters siamesed into one 6" fan and wish I'd bought an 8". I also run a portable AC for exhaust and RH that vents to the outside. And I don't run filters unless the strain is stanky, because they bog your fans down pretty badly.

How big is your room and what's the outside temp where your room is?

You're aware that (4) 1000w are gonna give you heat issues and asking good questions. I smell sucess.

Luck and peace.

1) outside air intake, thru 8" aircooled hoods, to 700-800 cfm inline fan, exhaust hot air outside

2) Have two separate 10" inlines intake and exhaust outside air , with an inline HEPA filter on the intake to clean the outside air, and a carbon scrubber on the exhaust to get rid of the smell. the more air movement, the better (faster growth, less chance of diseases/pests with good ventilation)

Method #2 is best.

I am running a set up similar to this but using a 12" can fan and a 150 can filter for 3 10x10 rooms 1 veg and 2 bloom. Total of 12 1000W HPS lights.

I built a box out of 1/2" particle board to enclose the can filter, placed the can fan in top. I also cut 6 - 6" ports on one side of the box to attach 6" flanges. I ran 6" flex ducting to each of the hoods and connected only two hoods to each flange on the box. Not only does it pull out the hot air but also the odor from the opposite opening of each set of 2 hoods.

The goal is to be able to clear out the room in no more than 5 minutes, so if you are only running one 10' x 10' x 8' room, (assuming the ceiling height is 8 feet) that is only 800 cubic feet. Divide that by 5 minutes and the minimum filter size you would need is Can Filter 33 for 200cu.ft. and a 6" Can Fan for 248cu.ft.

diablo_cannabis said:
Method #2 is best.

I am running a set up similar to this but using a 12" can fan and a 150 can filter for 3 10x10 rooms 1 veg and 2 bloom. Total of 12 1000W HPS lights.

I built a box out of 1/2" particle board to enclose the can filter, placed the can fan in top. I also cut 6 - 6" ports on one side of the box to attach 6" flanges. I ran 6" flex ducting to each of the hoods and connected only two hoods to each flange on the box. Not only does it pull out the hot air but also the odor from the opposite opening of each set of 2 hoods.

The goal is to be able to clear out the room in no more than 5 minutes, so if you are only running one 10' x 10' x 8' room, (assuming the ceiling height is 8 feet) that is only 800 cubic feet. Divide that by 5 minutes and the minimum filter size you would need is Can Filter 33 for 200cu.ft. and a 6" Can Fan for 248cu.ft.

thanks for your advice, but I want to know which room did you put your filter in?

yin325i said:
thanks for your advice, but I want to know which room did you put your filter in?

The filter itself is in a closet in my veg room. But being that the filter is in an enclosed sealed box its location is insignificant other than the fact that the closet it is in, is centrally located between all 3 rooms. If you Look at the drawing below, this is what my box setup looks like (one panel is removed so you can see the inside). The can fan goes on top and the 6 ports on the front are where I run the flex duct from each pair of hoods. The 12" can fan only pulls air, heat and odor from the 6-6" ports on the front.

can_filter_box.jpg

Latest posts

Back