need new ph meter.. help me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnneyB

Reaction score
I have a JENCO ph618 meter...its worked fine for the 6 weeks I have had it but today I checked it with my buffer solution 7.0 ph...It was way off.. like 7.8.....I tried to recalibrate and checked again still off..I rechecked with 4.0 solution and still way off 6.3....so I got on the phone and called Jenco service rep...he tells me the glass bulb on the sensor is only good for two to six months and then needs replaced...ok no big deal I`ll get a few and keep on hand..I mean how much could a litttle old sensor bulb be...(ok people wipe the smerks off your face) well the little ole bulb costs $ 37 and $12 more for s & h...fifty bucks every couple of months no way.. the meter cost me close to a C note...so I really need a new and better PH meter...what are you all using...I just grow in dirt..thanks for all replies

play with the big boys and buy a replacement electrode or get a new pen, either way your going to have to replace it if you use it a lot(one of your most important tools aswell), its a investment, if your penny pinching my advice is to stop growing now or use the old fashion ph drop meter but have fun with that everyday. even if u grow in dirt the correct pH is essential no matter what

johnneyB hello ..have a look at the bottom of this page there are plenty of options available .. go digital imo ! good luck and take care ! and this info is from newbud on another thread....Some use test strips and manage but as ph is one of if not the most important parts of growing the sweet herb you be much better off buying a digital ph pen from somewhere like Ebay.
I got mine of Ebay for about £10-£15.
Best money you can spend.
There are more expensive ones with more functions but it at least lets you know what your plants are getting and mine tested as accurately as a friends much more expensive one

Mr. Moon said:
play with the big boys and buy a replacement electrode or get a new pen, either way your going to have to replace it if you use it a lot(one of your most important tools aswell), its a investment, if your penny pinching my advice is to stop growing now or use the old fashion ph drop meter but have fun with that everyday. even if u grow in dirt the correct pH is essential no matter what
Mr. moon I am a big boy....and I`ll pay to play but wanted info from other members not smart *** remarks from you...if you don`t have any useful info for me don`t bother to reply to my threads!

hey JonnneyB, heres a cheap ph pen i use from Milwaukee.

hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

had it for about a year now. no problems. be sure to keep the tip wet at all times. just sit it in a cup of tap water.

xx to tt...bb...

Latest posts

Back