need opinions on new room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyfr

dead
Reaction score
ok, heres the plan. got a 5x5x7 room that now has 2x4 E&F table...i plan to build another box in that for 3 mom's; 400w air-cooled MH,2x4x5, soil...can i put vent on top of box(light blocked) but still inside room and vent holes in the side of box outside room, and rely on my 200cfm squirrell fan to pull air through box exhausting both? oh, 400hps-not aircooled in flowering portion of room...sq. fan at peak of room(7ft) with carbon filter. make sense?:joint: :stoned: :confused2: :confused:

Moving air through holes will also allow light to pass from the veg chamber to the flowering chamber if I'm reading this right... Also IMO I think that would be alot of work for your vent fan. Try and vent each room with its own fan and filter. Hope that helps...

thanks K, yeah i think im still gonna put the box in the room but do all venting etc. even access through outside wall of room. the room is in an outbuilding so the outside wall of growroom is inside building...now im confused. off to home de-pot

I say build it like you want, and then do some test runs to see if it keeps the grow cool enough. If it dosent you can always add inline duct fans which are only 35$bucks and place it between the two chambers. This should speed up the airflow enough and help assist your main exhaust fan into properly cooling the room. Hope this helps, you can find an inline duct fan at any hydro shop! Here is a formula you may use that may help out also. Take the total sq ft of your room and multiply that by 3, this will give you the c.f.m(cubic feet per minuite) rating requierd to properly ventilate your grow room eficiently. Let us know how it works out! Peace and Love!
Roken.

I wouldn't put moms under a 400 MH. You want to keep your moms from getting too big. Generally moms are kept under some kind of fluoro on 1/4 to 1/2 nutes to limit their growth. With fluoros, heat is no longer a real issue, although you will want some kind of air movement, it is really easy to keep fluoros cool.

my CAN vortex inline fan imo are loud.

squirrel fan will be excruciatingly loud.

all you need are flourscents for your mom's.

make sure you get a good ph/tds meter

View attachment 62462
problem solved:eek: wife aint to happy though. hi goddess, i already had the 400 layin around from back when i used to veg. dont need to worry about exhaust fan anymore. your right about the squirrell fan puff,got one of those in my flower room, plus a 188cfm booster fan for my new aircooled hood in da flowerroom. anyway, the moms journal is at 4 dirty apes in a wagon(obviously that changed)...as for you roken, you've convinced me to give it a try as soon as i need to take a shower:rofl:

TALK ABOUT SACRIFICE!!! That's quite a step to take... Tell me how ripe you smell after two days or so.... Good luck man :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back