Need to find right strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all. I am new here and have many questions, but the fundamental question is which strains to grow.

I have been using Hydrocodone for years to manage chronic pain and migraines. I have tried several times to get off them because I hate the way they make me feel, but the pain always wins out. After 30 years of not smoking, I finally tried a small amount of some unknown weed and miraculously, all the pain was gone and I slept great.

I went to my doctor and he agreed that using weed in place of opiates was a good idea. So after 30 years of restraint I can now partake.

I was hoping some of you nice folks can steer me towards the proper strains to try. Back in the 60's and 70's, you got what you got and strains weren't what they are now. I guess it is true, "this ain't your mother's marijuana."

My symptoms stem from anxiety. Severe amd constant neck muscle pain, turning into migraines. I also have mild arthritis and help for that would be great.

I need something energetic and uplifiting for the daytime, and something soothing and lazy for the evening. I have looked at Strawberry Cough and F-13 as a couple strains that look good for daytime and WW for nite time.

The problem is I am at the mercy of the dispensary and their stock.

Also, I would like to find something that is fairly easy to grow in a small DWC system. I am thinking 3-4 plants.

Thanks for looking and any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back