new at this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i8a4d

Reaction score
starting new grow room 39" L x 34" w x 54" h using 24w sun blaster t5 ho f24t5 x6 2000 initial lumen bato bucket recovery system on a timed once a day for 45min need help starting from seed keep on dying wen they get about 4" ph good on well water 6.3 all the time drip at 1gpm have clone room to start seed using 0.50ml 10 15 10 plant food and 0.50ml 10 54 10 plant food per 1 gallon not quit finish yet got to get seed growing using rockwooll and lava clay as medium any help would be helpful tank you advance i8a4d :confused::confused::confused:

Imported Photos 00061.JPG

Imported Photos 00062.JPG

DSCI0001.JPG

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0003.JPG

DSCI0004.JPG

:welcome: You do not need nutes til the plants are 3or 4 weeks old. IMO the plants are not drying out they are being burnt up by the nutes.

you are running your ph too high for hydro. 6.3 would be at the low side for soil (6.3-6.8) for hydro you want your ph at 5.5 to 6.1 idealy in the middle of that I think 5.8 is where most try to keep it. I'm not a hydro guy so I'm not exactly sure, but I AM SURE that you are running your ph TOO HIGH for hydro.

One of the hydro people will see this soon and let you know the prefered "sweet spot". Good Luck.

Welcome to the site. I don't do hydro, but these guys are pointing you in the right direction.

AG

Hi, yeah all true, try to give them purified water for the first 3 weeks if you can't get pure then just leave your water standing for 5-7 days without a lid, balance the water before use to about 5.5-5.8 PH this is optimum for hydro. Balancing water can be hard ph down works well but this is acid so only very small amounts to lower, tap water in hard water areas Comes out abou 7.5 to lower this to 5.5 you will need no more than 2ml per 10l of water always check before you add to your plants.

Hope this helps, what are you growing by the way?

i will flush my sys and put no nute for now and how much vinage should i use to lower ph ??? started new seed in plain water we will see how it goes tank you again for all the replys ;)

SkunkDoctor said:
Hi, yeah all true, try to give them purified water for the first 3 weeks if you can't get pure then just leave your water standing for 5-7 days without a lid, balance the water before use to about 5.5-5.8 PH this is optimum for hydro. Balancing water can be hard ph down works well but this is acid so only very small amounts to lower, tap water in hard water areas Comes out abou 7.5 to lower this to 5.5 you will need no more than 2ml per 10l of water always check before you add to your plants.

Hope this helps, what are you growing by the way?
o got a suprise package from nirvana seed bank just have to wait and see thank you for your help i8a4d

Welcome to MP....you need to change up a few things...you want to use water with a ph of 5.8 (5.5-6.1 is the range for hydro) and no nutrients at all...How are you checking the ph? Not with those crappy strips I hope. You also said you are using well water..do you know the ppm(tds)... it cld be loaded with crap your plants don't need and can not use...a high ppm will cause you problems especially in hydro. One last thing..did you rinse the hydroton (lava clay) really well before using it?? It is loaded with dust and debris right out of the bag....

hi going to buy a ph tester i live in rural area my well goes thought a water softener and and water purifier for drinking to remove all the contaminate from the well lava rocks has being washed with warm water and vitamin B added for stem room 27 c and 54 humidity day and dark cycle 21 c and 51 humidity drip once a day feeding for 90 min 14 hr day 10 hr night feed sys start at beginning of dark cycle am i doing everything right ????????

hello again check ph running around 5.2 to 6,4 after standing for 24 hr still wont grow pass 3 inch put water heater in res to see if that would help

6.4 is still too high...you have to get that ph down, I also don't think you are running enough lights, but that would not be the reason for your plants dieng. You seriousely need to keep the ph in check, or your going to keep lossing good beans!

Hi,
I have been growing for about a year. Doing well, I do agree with most of these ppl....NO nutrients for the first month or so, to be on the safe side I wait till about 5 or 6 weeks before adding any nutreints. hope this helps

5 or 6 weeks may be too long...if the plant starts looking deficient it is time to start feeding...every plant is different

i started beans in soil and doing great cant understand why they wont do as good in hydro ?????? :hubba::hubba::holysheep:

i8a4d said:
i started beans in soil and doing great cant understand why they wont do as good in hydro ?????? :hubba::hubba::holysheep:

ALRIGHT.... heres the scooop... anything i have missed or may have mis directed someone will come in a fill you in..

hydro is for the growers who pay attention.... here are the main reasons your not doing so shet hot in the water..

1-ph is way to high..... the ph is what tells the plant to take up what nute.. you want your ph 5.8 for the "sweet spot" i let mine drift from time to time from 5.6-6.0 but if im around it stays at 5.8 for the most part..

2- lighting you need a min, of 3000 lumens per sqft for veg... and a min of 5000 lumens per sqft for flower.... theses are minumums.....
your H2O there will let them ladies grow... and grow like a bean stalk...

3- giving them nutes way to early.. you dont decied when to give them the nutes the plant decides for you.. wheather its to much or not enough.. doin so will the plant to burn.. or "nute lock out" and the plant wont absorb anything.. which usually the end result is death.. to the plant..

4-listening will be my last one... its good to read around and do reasearch.. but bcarefule what you read and where you get you info... most of the people here know there shet.. and are good at what they do...

you just need to be pateint and listen.. you have beans started in soil grow them sex them make a host...
then by then try your water out again...
that could be a lil bit contributing to the factor of why your water grow aint wrkin... makes sense when you sit an think bout it bro....
LH
play safe take care
also when you mix your nutes for the lil ones mix it at 1/8th strength.... mixing it at the bottles recomendation is way too high.. start of low and build it up..

google "Mr. Green" in videos. I watched this video and was set on growing hydro. I have watched it at least 20 times and I searched these forums and read post after post for at least 6 months before making a attempt. I did exactly what he did starting off and everything has gone great so far except for a couple of bumps. Nothing with the plants though.

First, I put my seeds in wet paper towels until they cracked. Then I put the cracked seeds in damp 1" cubes until they sprouted out of cube and were about to stand up. As soon as that happen I moved them to 4" cubes and put them 12" under floros on 1/2 strength nutes(flora series) for first 2 weeks. Then dropped floros to 4" from top and put them on full strength fast veg growth. They are swollen! About 5 weeks old my biggest one stands 18" and a little over a foot wide

hello again watch the video and finally got a ph meeter and ph is around 5.2 to 5.6 and got water heater for res container tank you for all the help again your truly all-way in your dept i8a4d be sending pic soon

Latest posts

Back