New Drip System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfh0636

Reaction score
I just got a new drip system. How often and for how long should it drip? I read it should drip every 5 to 10 minutes but my timers in incriments of five so should I drip for five minutes and then not have it drip for five minutes or what?

Sorry, buddy, couldn't tell ya, me beings an osg but just had to say I love your avatar! RIP Dimebag Darryl

Anyone use a drip system in coco? I'd be interested to hear about it.

oltomnoddy said:
I run mine for 30 minutes, 6 times in a 24 hour period.
I just went to flower this week, and stacked the 4" cubes onto the 6" cubes

I use ebb&flow for flower;)

cfh0636 said:
I just got a new drip system. How often and for how long should it drip? I read it should drip every 5 to 10 minutes but my timers in incriments of five so should I drip for five minutes and then not have it drip for five minutes or what?

What medium are you using in your drip system?
By the way what system did you get?

whats man.....I am running a 5 gal. hydro bucket...home made...with a 6 inch pot in the lid and clay pellets with the 1 inch rockwool cube she started her life in the center and she gets 24/7 steady SLOW drip.....pellets stay nice and shiny. hope that helps man....good luck with it.
PEACE

TURKEYNECK said:
my drip runs 30 minutes 3 times a day.. 4"rockwool cubes..the love it.

Hey TURKEYNECK, I have also been running my drip system for veg 30 mins 3 times a day. The medium is shpagnum peat and perlite 50/50. I changed out my res this past weekend and decided that I would change the watering cycle to 10 mins 3 times a day. I noticed that the medium never really dried at all, and wanted to give the roots a chance to get more O2.

I also have 17 new seedlings going in rockwool, and they stay quite damp with only one (hand) watering per day about 8oz for each 4"rockwool cube.

Any thoughts?

diablo_cannabis said:
Hey TURKEYNECK, I have also been running my drip system for veg 30 mins 3 times a day. The medium is shpagnum peat and perlite 50/50. I changed out my res this past weekend and decided that I would change the watering cycle to 10 mins 3 times a day. I noticed that the medium never really dried at all, and wanted to give the roots a chance to get more O2.

I also have 17 new seedlings going in rockwool, and they stay quite damp with only one (hand) watering per day about 8oz for each 4"rockwool cube.

Any thoughts?

sounds good, the only disadvantage to rockwool is the lack of O2 but they get thirsty during flower;)

Latest posts

Back