new grow room/ is she a she?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatjohnstamos

Reaction score
so i made a new grow room pics are attached. currently there are 2 100w equiv soft white and 2 75w equiv daylight flourescent bulbs on her. also in the one pic you see the flourescent tube on the top that is a uva/uvb bulb that i used to use for my lizards, is this something i should try and incorporate in my room. also does anyone have any cheap suggestions to improve my room.

second ive attached a few pics of what i believe to be the first signs that my baby is a female let me know what you think. shes been under 12/12 for a little over a week now

and lastly i am going home for the holiday and noone is going to be around from monday morning until friday around 2. what should i do to keep my plant alive? i saw a video of a guy that set up this crazy system to automatically water his plants but that seems like it would be really expensive does anyone have any cheap ideas?

thank everyone so much in advance you guys have been a ton of help through this whole process!

DSC02030.JPG

DSC02032.JPG

so far so good man. plants looking healthy but thats not M/F growth thats just some secondary vegetation there in the nodes. as for the few days away, you can get a water drainage catch and feed through the bottom for the time your gone its only a few days, and flos give off little heat to be able to evaporate water. IMO the uva/uvb light might help a bit but IMO i think the ones for animals sets off a different spectrum of UV than the plants use, but im not quite 100% on it.

ya dude, dig down in the soil a little bit, add in 2 spounges.
when you go to leave, almost overwater your plants.
or go to home depot and buy a Drip system, its like 6 bucks. its a green bottle with a spike, that goes into the soil. it will water ur plants for about a month

awesome i was going to be asking in a little how i could let her go by herself for a few weeks cuase winter break is coming up in a little. so ill look into the water drip things thanks alot

and dubbaman how do you know that that is growth and not a pistil. what is the visual difference between a new pistil and new growth so i know what to be looking for.

isthatjohnstamos said:
dubbaman how do you know that that is growth and not a pistil. what is the visual difference between a new pistil and new growth so i know what to be looking for.

well one the formation looks more to me as that of a new set of leaves and a pistil is white and looks more like a "hair" than green and a leaf. give it a couple more days guy you will see some pistils if your flowering now but IMO thats just some more veg.

ok guys here a good pic this is the same thing that was in the earlier photos from a few days ago. do you still think this is secondary growth cause ive confused growth with pistils before but usually within a few days the growth turns green and doesnt come out of that pod looking thing. what do you guys think is that female growth?

DSC02050-1.JPG

it's not a pistol....it's the plant veggetating...IMO

this **** is so confusing i just wish i could know so i can switch the lights back. but is that where i should be looking for the pistil growth, where the branches meet the stalk?

I am on the belief that the plant will continue to grow for about 3 weeks once you put them into a flowering light schedule.

oh wow three weeks ok well im only about half way to that point im going home for a week so hopefully when i come back ill be able to post a pic of a real pistil not growth but i think i need a few days away from her cause i look at every node on the plant to try and see this ****. so it will be cool to see what my baby looks like after a few days away

isthatjohnstamos said:
this **** is so confusing i just wish i could know so i can switch the lights back. but is that where i should be looking for the pistil growth, where the branches meet the stalk?

what do you mean switch the lights back?... were u planning on doing 12/12 to determine the sex and switch back to 18/6 if it was a girl?

you can't do that, my friend. you are going to have to continue to flower it the way it is now.

...unless you can shock it back into veg....

the problem with flipping back and forth like that is you stunt the plant. it's natural cycle is to veg then bloom... not veg to flower back to veg and then bloom. that's why you use clones to test on. but... go ahead and do it your way. if it works - go for it. I just try to maximize yeild per grow.

but then again.... I'm always stoned, so... not even I would listen to me half the time ;)

ok thanks if i messed her up its cool its only my first grow and there will be many more to come now that i realize how much fun the whole process is, but regardless thanks alot for help with identifying my pics

that's the big picture, my friend.... this is an exercise on relaxation... you sit back and relax imbibing on your last crop while you watch your current crop grow. :smoke1: :watchplant: :headbang: :joint: :fly: :ciao:

congratulations with the woman, her hairs looks so great

Latest posts

Back