new grow room what do you think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatjohnstamos

Reaction score
so i spent the last few days designing and building a new grow room for my babies. there are 7 100w equiv cfl's (about 12,000 lumens). I know im still uder the recommended but can i expect better yields now that the area is smaller, previously the lights were just hung in the closet over the plants. also got a little water system going cause taking the box off to water them is a pain.

DSCI0232.JPG

DSCI0234.JPG

DSCI0235.JPG

I hope you have a fire extinguisher nearby. That's a "tinder box", one spark from anything and your whole house is on fire.

I'd highly recommend doing away with cardboard. Use some real materials, such as wood, drywall/gypsum board, or even a Rubbermaid tub.:farm:

Those bud's look nice, though. :hubba: :bongin:

They are looking pretty good.. But I would have to agree with the first two posts, be very careful with the use of cardboard....Good luck with the ladies though..I look forward to more posts and pictures on those ladies.

nice lookin buds but have to agree with BenDover about the cardboard!!

Also if you have 7 100w equivalent cfls then they would be either 18w or 20w. 20w cfls put out about 1200 lumens each totalling 8400 max for your 7. For those lumens you could have a pretty decent 2 square foot grow space. If i was you i'd get a low watt hps like 150 or 250. the 150 watter puts out 16000 lumens :D but then you must have good venting.

the inside of the box isnt painted all the way looks like patches of white everywhere.. if you plan on keeping the carboard grow box which i would highly recomend against.. i would finish painting it all the way so that the white paint actually reflects light.. not to mention cardboard absords moisture away from your plants.

Pretty much man get your self to a flea market or even the salvation army anywhere they sell used furniture and go pick your self out an old cabinet or somthing that will fit inside your closet... then just swap everything you have in that cardboard bum house of your's into the cabinet. To me part of indoor growing is keeping things semi stealth and a carboard inside of a closet half painted white with wires and lights hanging out of it probably wont do the trick hehe

over all its a great design tho just needs to be wood or somthing

plus you want to be able to close the box , cuz all those lumens are just leaking out the top of the box as well...

ok well ive been saving a little money and am about to build a new box, i get nervous anytime im not home about the cardboard. so heres what i was thinking: i was goin to use the pic down below ( cut out the middle of the shelves so i can grow them taller) and wrap it in the stuff that space blankets are made of. it looks like tin foil but it says it has 90% reflectivity im not worried about heat cause im a cfl grower for the time being but what do you guys think is plastic ok or should i wait till i can afford to build something out of wood? if you think plastic is ok any other ideas on what i can wrap it in if you dont like the space blanket idea?

thanks in advance for all your help

walmartpic.jpg

Your current grow box is actually quite neat! Aha, you could actually build the same thing with a few two by fours and some plywood, just taller. The thing in the picture would be good for lowryders and such if you left the shelving on it.
But if I were you (and this is what I'm planning as well) is just make a frame out of 2x4's, and make your walls with plywood. Cut holes for any venting you might want. Have it nice and tall if you want tall plants and put a pulley system so you can lower/heighten the lights on top of the plant.

Latest posts

Back