New Hydroponic System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_O_E_Y

Reaction score
Ok,

So im pretty new to all of this but I have done my research. I am going to be designing a hydroponic system that is going to be constructed in my friends house thats located out in the woods where no one would be suspicous of whats going on. My plans are to produce a QP to a HP of bud every 2-2 1/2 months. That calls for both a vegitative and flowering room with hydroponic systems.

Now I do have a question. Since I haven't smoked that much pot and just started to get into it I have some questions regarding quality and high yield. What would be a couple options I should look at regarding strains that will give me a pretty good yield as well as good quality? Like I said I wanna produce between a QP and HP every 2 months with clones from the mother plants. Also from your experience with the strains how many plants should I have in the flowering room at a time to produce that much?

I will be using HPS lights for the flowering room and Flurescent lights (cool and warm bulbs) for the other. Also will have addequit sp? air ventilation and circulation with fans and outlets to outside. So far im pretty confident in my design....should I be? Does it sound like its pretty good? Anything else you could add that would help me produce a lot of dank bud?

Thanks in advance!

-Joey

I would recommend starting here:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/GrowFAQ Basic Topics.htm

After you have read the Overgrow FAQ, you should have a few less questions. You should be able to narrow down what you want and what you need. This tutorial gives great info on all phases of growing. Read it and then come back with a little narrower, specific questions.

Your desired harvest is very do-able. There are a couple of strains that I like that flower in about 7 weeks. Joey Weed's C99 and his Apollo 11 are early producers with low odor. I am currently growing some Mandala's Satori--I am still several weeks away from harvest. I like pot that gives you an up high. There are soooooo many varieties now--it is actually a little mind boggling (that is especially true for those of us that are old and grew up in the 60s when there were only a handful of different varieties).

I have learned that the grow room is a living evolving thing. No matter how much reading and reasearch I have done, I am continually refining my grow spaces. Part of it is having more money to add better technology, but part of it is just deciding what works best for you. Ventilation and temps have been my biggest problems.

Good luck with your new venture. The more you learn, the more successful you will be.

Thanks. I have finally seen the area in which we will be growing it and all I can say is WOW! We have two areas (right next to each other). One is a crawl space behind a work shop. You can crawl through this small window type entrance and you are opened up to an all concrete (besides ceiling insulator which we are going to rip out) 9' 9'' x 11' 8'' x 4' 4'' room. There is a small window which leads out underneath the patio (which faces the woods) that we can use for ventilation and we have access to electricity. Would this area be tall enough to have both a veg. and flowering room? We could divide it up and make it light leak proof and have air ducts running about. I can easily move around in there with nothing in it and I cant image with all the stuff in there that it would be much harder. Keep in mind we are using a hydro system so the trays in which the plants sit in have to be sitting about our resevoir (to prevent flooding). So would that leave us enough room to grow and flower the plants? If we cant we have a seperate area for the flowering state if need be that is 10-15' by 5-6' and about 10 feet tall. However it would be nice to just use this one storage crawl space area. Your thoughts?

-Joey

What a neat set up. It sounds like you should be able to make it really stealth. The height of the ceiling will dictate some of your choices:

You will need to look for a strain that grows short or do some kind of scrog or sog.
You will want lights and reflectors that are not deep.
Your hydro system should also need to be kept low profile.
A shorter area can be harder to cool, but being underground and concrete it will keep a cooler more constant temp than above ground in summer.

You have your work cut out for you.

Latest posts

Back