No electricity for several days due to ice storm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubblehue

Reaction score
So my brother is out in the sticks and has had no electricty since Friday night.
He's got a green house so we can his 1 (one) plant in the sun during the day, but the heat is only what the greenhouse can collect from the sun right now. Most of the greenhouse is insulated, it's not a real greenhouse, but the entire south facing wall is a big window, entire width and height of the building. Essentially a greenhouse. Anyway I digress. The electric co says it could be until Monday that power is restored. He is about 3 weeks into flower under CFL's. We want to move to under my 250 hps until his power comes back on.
Will it mess up the plant any more than it's already messed up by putting it under the big light for a week and then back to the cfl's? Would we be ok with just getting them in the window? It's light from like 7 am to 4:30pm where we are. Will that funky photo peroid mess with them, or should we just get the light cycle stabilized and not worry about lumens?

Im in the same boat due to the ice storm. I kept them under the same schedule but had to use a smaller light too. I think its important not mess with the timings. Stress can cause hermies.

I have to ask why dont you have it under the hps to begin with?

maineharvest said:
Im in the same boat due to the ice storm. I kept them under the same schedule but had to use a smaller light too. I think its important not mess with the timings. Stress can cause hermies.

I have to ask why dont you have it under the hps to begin with?

It sucks. Who cares about showers we just want to preserve the trees!

He's not got the money to get a hps system. he's been patching together the clfs when he's got the money to get one. He's got about 6 of those big mothers that are like 60 something watts.

You guys need a generator! Basic survival equipment down here in hurricane alley. Look for a good deal in the off season. They're almost too cheap not to have one. Stay warm!

Yeah, but the manly ones are noisy smoke belching monsters that would light up a department store parking lot :rolleyes:

ArtVandolay said:
Yeah, but the manly ones are noisy smoke belching monsters that would light up a department store parking lot :rolleyes:

LOL--Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman...that is the kind of generator that I have. All I really care about is it lighting up my growing rooms and keeping power to my computer and maybe the TV. My generator is in a storage shed seperate from my house so the noise, belching (mine doesn't belch too much though), and smoking doesn't bother me. It backfeeds my house with a 50 amp circuit. There are just some places that you need a generator. I live in one of those places.

Latest posts

Back