No stretch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassChance

Reaction score
So...I put 7 White Widows into 12/12 at five weeks old. They varied from 8" to 12 ". I had read in here about plants doubling size and of course, didnt know how many would be female. So now it's been 13 days of 12/12 and two males have shown up so far, leaving 5. Only...they havent grown much in these 13 days. Is White Widow a no-stretcher? Or...will they continue to grow as time goes on? They are starting to make buds. Small as they are, Im wondering if I might oughta put em back in 18/6?

Sorry about not having a picture...Im still having problems posting pics! Im working on it, LOL.

Thanks
Lass

you have a few more weeks for them to start getting taller (i think:rolleyes:)before getting nice and fat :peace:

UK's right about that. having just finished a WW run i noticed the most significant stretching between weeks 3 and 5 or 6. But it is also true that WW's stretching is not too extreme.

I don't think that lack of stretch is a bad thing, is it? All the easier for your light to penetrate the canopy. I don't think that turning back to veg now is a good option now that flowers are being set... They'll be very dazed and confused. Just keep them going in that direction. I don't think there is a cause for concern as I haven't grown a strain that won't at least double in height. I'm on day 29 of 12/12 with some Afghani Indica and they did most of their stretch in the last couple of weeks and now it's just the buds going up. I put mine in around 14" and they are at 30" now. At this point imho, whatever they do you should ride it out and chalk it up to experience with that strain. What is your lighting? I'm guessing that you have it pretty close to the plants? Are they grown from seed or clones from the same mother?

Peace!:cool:

Thanks, everybody. I feel lots better, now.

DIRTY--My light is one 600w HPS, I started from seed and they're about 16" from the light. That sounds colose, I know...but my little fan blows like a muther and I can hold my hand there for a full minute. Do you think I should move the light further?

Thanks

Lass

well are your plants going to be there more than a few minutes? Move the lamp up 24" is a little better without sacrificing much light.

LassChance said:
Thanks, everybody. I feel lots better, now.

DIRTY--My light is one 600w HPS, I started from seed and they're about 16" from the light. That sounds colose, I know...but my little fan blows like a muther and I can hold my hand there for a full minute. Do you think I should move the light further?

Thanks

Lass
Imho I don't think your lights are too close... and you can probably get them a bit closer as long as the leaves don't look stressed you should be fine. A good rule of thumb it to hold your hand where the tops of your plants are and if you can keep it comfortably there it's not too hot for your girls. I guess if you wanted to encourage a bit of stretching you could raise the lights a bit more and they'd s-t-r-e-t-c-h for the light in theory... Needing more stretch isn't something I can relate to though! :p I try to keep my girls fairly compact so the bottom of the plant isn't as far from the main light source.

Seeya:cool:

Latest posts

Back