No THC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemp319

Reaction score
im alittle concerned. im in the fifth week of flower and i dont notice any sticky resin. this is my first grow and im not sure of the progress to expect. shes caramelicious under 400w and using flora series

Some strain dont get that frosty look or have smell or have a high resin count. That doesn't mean your weed isn't good. You need to be looking at the trichomes with some sort of high powered microscope. Radio Shack has a pocket microscope that works great. I just got one, myself. Later Man

Hi,

I'm on the last day of week 4 growing four plants of the same Mazar bagseed. They all look very similar but two of the four have very nice trich development and the other two have barely any... I'm hoping that maybe they'll pack it on later but maybe it's a specific trait of a particular strain and within that a phenotype that develops more trichs early and throughout flowering...

Peace!:cool:

h whats up? Hows the clones? Transplanted yet? To answer your Q I'm with dirty on this. 1 of my lemon skunk ( just harvested and dried now cureing) had the same bud structure but wasn't nearly as frosty as the others. Dont know why. The only thing I came up with was they were all fem seeds but maybe that one didnt get crossed in the same batch. Confussed? Good bud all the same!! LTR H!

H another thing. If your seeds are 7/8 weeks flowering give them an extra week. The last 3 weeks is realy when they start to produce resin. Also adding an extra week will pack on more weight and more resin. My LS says quote: LS finishes flowering in 7-8 weeks but an extra week will produce a higher resin content. With that I let them go 9 weeks the first round and 10 weeks and found that 10 was too long but 9 was the best so far. U can see in the last 2 weeks that the plant is produceing alot of resin to protect the flowers(buds) from insects, the elements ECT. Hope this helps bro. Dont worry now at week 5 your plant is putting all its energy in produceing BUDS. the last 2 weeks they naturally protect the buds by produceing trichomes (resin).

Trichomes & resin are 2 completely different things. High resin count does not mean it's killer weed. High trichome count does. The more consintrated the tricomes are, the better the weed is.

Hi Hemp319
My last grow I was a little concerned about trich development also. The trichs should start up any day now- have patience. Once they start, you won't need a magnifying glass to see them- you will need a scope to identify trich development for determining harvest.
Do you know the strain or is it bagseed? Is it a sativa dom or indica dom plant? How big are your buds? If you can post some pics, I'm sure you'll get some more specific info. Good luck!

DLM3 said:
Trichomes & resin are 2 completely different things. High resin count does not mean it's killer weed. High trichome count does. The more consintrated the tricomes are, the better the weed is.

I'm sorry DLM3, no disrespect, but they are the same thing.

the buds arent as big as i wouldve expected; but then again she has some weeks to go.

Photo_061209_001.jpg

Photo_061209_002.jpg

Latest posts

Back