Noob: Shaking and Twitching...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiggNewt

Reaction score
I'm new to smoking weed and the times I did before yesterday I think I may have been doing it wrong or not good enough because......yesterday morning, I smoked some out of an apple pipe, I was by myself outside and took some deep inhales about 8-10, I didn't feel the effects after the first couple so I kept going until I did. Everything was good, I certainly felt good and relaxed, so I went back inside and was doing chores around the house. I got to the kitchen and my neck started tensing up, and felt like a spasm, then like a wavy type feeling went down my back up and down to my head.

But then it got worse, my leg started twitching, the muscles in it. Then my arms did it, then my fingers (looked like I was typing on a keyboard) and then my chest muscles. I looked like a nut, I knew I was doing it, but I couldn't stop it. I could focus for maybe 10 seconds to get the shaking and spasms to go to one body part (e.g. my leg) but then it would go back to everywhere. I was panicking, but I knew I was probably freaking out mentally because of the weed, but the physical reactions were what really scared me.

It wasn't until my cousin came over and talked to me that it subsided a bit and she gave me a shot of Nyquil that knocked me out and I woke up fine. However, I do still have a little finger twitching if I relax and focus on my hand.

Anyone know why this is happening? Was it too much for me being so new? Was it something with the temperature outside (it was in the 30's here)? Please any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like a panick attack, a friend of mine used to get them when he smoked weed, he actually had to stop smoking weed because of if! Every time he smoked he would have to go to the hospital to get something to calm him down because he actually believed he was dying sometimes! Hope that helps and I hope that you get the problem worked out!

Phatpharmer

:eek: Yikes. Sounds like the old laced joints with PCP in them... Are you sure it wasn't treated with chemicals...
But why would you take 10 hits... that's overkill. Literally.
How about one or two and leave it at that? Be safe and take it slow...
:peace: Ette

I smoked a couple roaches and sprinkled with some kief out of an apple yesterday, delicious and I'm not talking about the apple :hubba:. Maybe u had a laced apple lol j/k.

I don't think it was laced with anything. I had some of it at a party last Saturday and my friends all took hits from it. Nothing like what I experienced. Of course I didn't take 8-10 or more hits. I took maybe 3-4 over the course of a few hours.

I think that might have been my problem, just too much too fast for being inexperienced.

Latest posts

Back