Not sure what going on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homemadegravity

Reaction score
Im not sure if Im just being an over protected parent or if I really have a problem here. My plants are almost a month old and are just reaching 6in tall, 4 or 5 sets of nodes. Temp is 77 degrees, under 1000w hps now about 15in away from the plants. They are in 3 gallon and 5 gallon pots, watering every 3 days, p.h is 6.7, they are on a AN sensi grow A+B using it every other feeding. I havent seen any vertical growth in the last week n half. I have seen alot of new growth between the nodes and stems though, nice and healthy looking to, they seem to growing out not up. I even raised the light a little bit to see if I could encourage some stretch but nope didnt work. Should I be worried about this? Am I doing something wrong here, or you think maybe its genetics? Will post pics if needed. Any advice from the pros?

That sounds like its a harmless spectrum problem. The blue (halide) spectrum is best for height, but you want them to be short in the first place. You could use a conversion bulb but I have 2 1000s and 1 I veg on an hps, it works great. As long as you continue to see new growth including thickness everything is well on track. Is the light air cooled? Mine are both and I wouldn't put them more than a foot at the last stage of flowering, make sure you can raise the light as needed. good luck

Yes my light is air cooled with tempered glass on the hood. Ok Ill just see how it goes I guess. So my plants have always grown a good height and always flowered them at 30-45 days. Should I veg these longer then what I normally do or will it not matter? I know they will stretch a bit when we flower(I think) but if they are not growing upwards now will they when I flip for flowering?

I have seen alot of new growth between the nodes and stems though, nice and healthy looking to

Sounds ok to me

When you switch to 12/12 you they should shoot up a couple of feet, strain dependent of course

Latest posts

Back