Nute burn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirk2420

Reaction score
Does this look like nute burn ? I tried to get the clearest pics I could. I think there good enough, you get the idea. Thanks!

indoor leaf burns 001.jpg

indoor leaf burns 002.jpg

indoor leaf burns 003.jpg

Hard to tell from those blurry pics...does your camera hve a macro setting? If so turn it on and take some more pics...My nute burn usually happens at the tips of the leaves and not in the middle of the leaves...

Is this typical of your fan leaves or just an isolated condition?

It looks like you may have the beginnings of Magnesium (Mg) deficiency. If your leaves are also curling or twisting, then that would also make me think that.

Try adding one level tablespoon of Epsom salts per/gallon of nutrient solution. Don't make it any stronger than that. Too strong and it can cause just as many problems as it helps. Use a measuring spoon, not an eating spoon.

The damaged leaves won't heal. Watch the other growth and see if the discoloration, yellowing or browning in the middle of the leaf stops.

Nitrogen burns are generally at the tips first and then the outside of the leaf. Your problem seems to be discoloration in the interior part of the leaf.

Let us know how it works.

Thanks, this is on a small portion of a couple leaves at the most, but I know it can't be good. I'll do the epsom salt thing tomorow. The new leaves are curling and don't look that good. Is this going to kill the plant quickly or do I have time?

I just watered the plants with the epson salt mix. I'll post pics of them in a day or so. The leaves with the burn on them were about two or three nodes from the top and the newer growth hasn't shown signs of burning yet but they are a little more yellow than I would like.

I just found out today that the plant having this problem is a male. The epson salt seemed to do the trick though, thanks for the help anyways at least I learned a thing or two!

dirk2420 said:
I just found out today that the plant having this problem is a male. The epson salt seemed to do the trick though, thanks for the help anyways at least I learned a thing or two!
Yikes! All that for a male plant! hehe, oh well.

If you ever run across that problem with a female plant, you'll know how to handle it.

Stoneybud, how could I incorprate this w/ a drip system? I mean will it clogg the pumps? Maby put some in a stalking?

Latest posts

Back