Nutes and flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asyouarei

Reaction score
Say if u use a 5-5-10 organic potting soil, does one need to flush? How does one know when to flush? Or any facts about flushing?

what is the purpose of your flush? did you over feed or are you referring to the final flush?

massproducer said:
what is the purpose of your flush? did you over feed or are you referring to the final flush?

oh im just curious im still in veg, ive heard that some people dont flush at all and still get good taste when smoked, while some just stop fert like a week before flower, and some flush a lot. i only use a 18-20-20 fert once a week 1/4 dilluted, and only about 4 ounces

massproducer said:
Basically I think it is always safe to just feed water and mollasses for the last week or 2

so whats the molases to water ratio for watering?? and im right on doing it a week before florweing right??

Yup it cant hurt to flush out the medium right before you change over to flowering nutes.

I use about a table spoon per gallon of water

massproducer said:
Yup it cant hurt to flush out the medium right before you change over to flowering nutes.

I use about a table spoon per gallon of water
cool nice to know thanks for the helpful facts.
here my grow journal if u wann check it out:

Ak-cherry + Og Kush 1st Grow Comments Welcome

woulnt let my post a link, its under general indoor growing

No problem, i will definiatly look for your journal... Keep it green

massproducer said:
No problem, i will definiatly look for your journal... Keep it green

haa no doubt thanks for all of ur help

Much respect to all the people thinking green
Not just the color but the message in between
Here’s a mental weapon that you’ll use frequently
To stop evil people and end their beliefs

-rebelution

ruffryder777 said:
personally i stop giving nutrients at week 4 of flowering,then i just give 5.8ph water

thanks for the advice also, how do you get ur water to a 5.8 reading? isnt water neutral at 7?

asyouarei said:
thanks for the advice also, how do you get ur water to a 5.8 reading? isnt water neutral at 7?

Yes, 7 is neutral, but mj plants don't like neutral water. For proper nutrient uptake, the water needs to be slightly acidic. Hydro needs to be more acidic, with ph between about 5.8 and 6.5. Soil, as Hick mentioned, between 6.0 and 7.0. Water ph is adjusted with ph up and ph down, which is available commercially.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes, 7 is neutral, but mj plants don't like neutral water. For proper nutrient uptake, the water needs to be slightly acidic. Hydro needs to be more acidic, with ph between about 5.8 and 6.5. Soil, as Hick mentioned, between 6.0 and 7.0. Water ph is adjusted with ph up and ph down, which is available commercially.

thanks nice to know

sodium-based nutrients must be purged within 10 daze of harvest. Organic nutes can be used up till the day of harvest (i've flushed and not flushed and both tasted the same) .If you sweeten your soil with nitrogen-enriched dolomite lime it will ph-balance itself working with the microbes within the soil. You don't really need to sweat ph unless you have too acidic/alkaline tap water. ALL MUNICIPAL WATER MUST BE DECHLORINATED BEFORE USE!

7greeneyes said:
sodium-based nutrients must be purged within 10 daze of harvest. Organic nutes can be used up till the day of harvest (i've flushed and not flushed and both tasted the same) .If you sweeten your soil with nitrogen-enriched dolomite lime it will ph-balance itself working with the microbes within the soil. You don't really need to sweat ph unless you have too acidic/alkaline tap water. ALL MUNICIPAL WATER MUST BE DECHLORINATED BEFORE USE!

thanks, usually i just boil some tap water or invest in a gallon of distilled

Latest posts

Back