o my jeebus help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I grew outdoor a while back the buds got massive, and I had many fall down from weight. Just find some string and pull them up, you're in a closet so put many hooks high up and tie them girls up. Then sit back and take a hit buddy! :48:

Its no problem, I break growth over often when it gets in my way...no worries. As long as its not broken to the point it cannot repair itself your golden, it's just gonna knuckle at the joint and will actually force more energy to that bud.

Its no problem, I break growth over often when it gets in my way...no worries. As long as its not broken to the point it cannot repair itself your golden, it's just gonna knuckle at the joint and will actually force more energy to that bud.

ok cool I was so worried cause its a stalk I would not be happy to have to lose.

ok cool I was so worried cause its a stalk I would not be happy to have to lose.

keep a good eye on it.. i don't know the genetics, and it could be stressed ;)
should be ok though, if you give her some support.
and buy some bamboo stakes or something for next run ;)
:)

I cage my big plants with 1/2" PVC pipe, then attach bamboo stakes to the pipe with zip ties...considering changing to PEX hoops tho, will make the plants fit better with round hoops & round pots.

Look into my closet and I saw the most horrible things one of the stalks had caved from the weight and looked like it was broken by luckily the skin/outer stem layer was not broken just bent. So was what I did ok or should I run in there right now and undo it?

I've done that on purpose when they get too close to the light, super-cropping.

Yeah this is only my second grow so I'm still figuring out what's best for me and what I choose to grow

I will add my reassurance that it looks fine. I have had more stems that "break-over" from heavy budding that I can't count. On my last run, at least half of my Blue Dream stems had "broken-over" from the weight of the buds. As long as the stem isn't so "woody" that it actually breaks open, the stem will be fine.

As stated above, get some string. I use horticulture wiring. make large loops around the topmost heavy buds and gently pull the stems back up to support them and keep them in the light. If you have plants that you like and they tend to have more "spindly" branches, you can actually use a scrog screen up higher as the branches stretch up toward the light. The screen will support them without having to make up a bunch of strings/wires/supports for the branches. There are multiple ways to support the plants. Trust your instincts on how to best go about it, or ask for ideas as most of us have "been there, done that". :)

I will add my reassurance that it looks fine. I have had more stems that "break-over" from heavy budding that I can't count. On my last run, at least half of my Blue Dream stems had "broken-over" from the weight of the buds. As long as the stem isn't so "woody" that it actually breaks open, the stem will be fine.

As stated above, get some string. I use horticulture wiring. make large loops around the topmost heavy buds and gently pull the stems back up to support them and keep them in the light. If you have plants that you like and they tend to have more "spindly" branches, you can actually use a scrog screen up higher as the branches stretch up toward the light. The screen will support them without having to make up a bunch of strings/wires/supports for the branches. There are multiple ways to support the plants. Trust your instincts on how to best go about it, or ask for ideas as most of us have "been there, done that". :)

thanks hushpuppy and everyone else I've taken your above and the others and tied twist ties and strung some of them up

o my jeebus help

I've been chuckling about that all day..... Eddie Murphy?

Pappy, You must be thinking about "lord jesus hep me im falling down the stairs!!!". LOL

If he laughed, which he always did, his mom would take off her shoe that was shaped like a boomerang and launch it at him. The way he talked, she could hunt rabbits with that shoe. LOL

Latest posts

Back