Odd plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewayne

IS BAKED
Reaction score
I have a plant that's in flowering, It's a really deformed plant... It has a half inch flat stem growing and it has seven leaf sets from every node. It naturally split into two stalks. one is regular the other is flat. I was wondering if it's a normal defect. Quite interesting none the less. I call it nemo :)

post up a pic, i'd like to see it sounds interesting

I will have to try between tonight and tomorrow, i'm not quite sure where my camera is. however i found this plant outside in the dirt like it had gotten thrown.

I took interest to it because it had one regular leaf and a split leaf, kinda looked klef. Just picture the mickey mouse symbol lol. It's just grown in so strange. it's only about 8 inches and seems to have been a little stunted.

I was just surprised when i counted 7 leaf sets and notice it had a completely flat stem on half the plant.

you've gotta get a picture posted i've gotta see it now for sure

Hick will be chiming in remember that plant he had with the flat stalk? It was in the lost data think.

i missed it but i really wanna see a picute im trying to imagine what it looks like but can't wrap my head around it

I had a Black berry from Nirvana that did that same thing, except mine split once, grew for a while then split itself again. It got so bad with all the side branching and crowding, that I had to go in and remove the smaller branches to give it room to finish. The buds were okay, nothing fancy by anyones standards... The colas on the twin side of the plant got so hard that they ended up with bud rot. The cola on the other side was normal looking, but less than potent. The other plants, 10 total looked like they could have been clones, completely uniform, and incredibly dank.

I would like to see a picture as well. And more so, I wonder what cause that?

Why do you think 7 leaf sets is strange? Marijana leaf sets can range from 3-12 leaflets each.

Hey Mel!

Are you saying 7 complete leaves coming out from each node on the stem (instead of the usual 2) or talking about 7-'fingered' leaves (each leaf has 7 leaflets or whatever they're called)?

If it's the former, and you have a kind of flat, thick stem it may be a fasciation mutation - I tried briefly to find a pic, but couldn't.

If I understood the original post correctly, which I may not have... lol I believe Dewayne is talking about "the self topping" mutants that have been showing up in some different Indica crosses. I have only seen one, and it was total garbage... But, I have heard of a few cases now that turned out to be great plants.

I think it's a crap shoot really, but best of luck either way.

Smoke big and be safe!! Cali :fly:

It's got seven complete leaves coming out of the flat stem. Three buds with massive vegetation but it's kinda small. It's looking to be about 8% thc nothing great but i was wondering about the odd genes. It is very beautiful i will get a picture up I believe my camera is in storage but i will get it up.

it's a rough estimate compared to my strain with a 16% THC level. it can always vary it's just a guess. it's not quite too potent but it's mildly potent ? lol.

I would go with what sub has mentioned. Hick had one once as well.

Wiki
Fasciation (or cresting) is a condition of plant growth in which the apical meristem, normally concentrated around a single point, producing approximately cylindrical tissue, becomes elongated perpendicularly to the direction of growth, producing flattened, ribbon-like, crested, or elaborately contorted tissue. The phenomenon may occur in the stem, root, fruit, or flower head.

Fasciation can be caused by a mutation in the meristematic cells, bacterial infection, mite or insect attack, or chemical or mechanical damage. Some plants may inherit the trait.

Jericho said:
I would go with what sub has mentioned. Hick had one once as well.

Wiki
yes.. "lost in the crash"..:p
I "think" I still have pictures... of the fasciation

heya guys :) i posted a bit back about this because i had one of these on my last grow aswell,it still grew but i did notice the difrence in potency,was really cool to watch it grow,it looked like it was goin to yield big but when trimmed etc it was dissapointing yield wise.
fingers crossed i get nothing like this on my current grow.
happy growing and green mojo to all

Thanks Hick....that thing is crazy looking for sure....

Have two plants with similar growth issues. One had self topping and the other is growing like Hick pics ... So they get less potent but no problems between female/male ratios ?

Latest posts

Back