Old Fart - New Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmmeyer

Reaction score
Yo, Folks,

W'Zup? I used to toke pretty regular many years ago in my youth, but been off the weed for 30-some years. Last year and a half, I've had some interesting adventures with the shrink, and tried a bunch of different stuff. Fergit that junk. Too weird for me.

I bought an OZ on the street for $100. WOW!!!! Last one I bought was $20. I dug some seeds outta the bag and set up a thingie in the closet. (Gotta be a better way that a C-note a pop.) I've grown a lot of tomatoes and peppers from seed over the years, so I figure there's some similarities.

I think I may have posted a pic of my babies in MyAlbum, but not sure yet how all that works. Still tinkering. I just found this forum a couple days ago, and I'm learning a LOT. Very cool place. Thanks to everyone who has posted the wealth of info here.

Be talkin' with ya's.

welcome wmmeyer.....good luck on your grow..lots of people with lotws of knowledge here so just read stickeys and ask questions..

:welcome: Read the "resources" they have all the basic info then ask what you don't understand. We will all be glad to help :48::peace:

Glad to have you back--kept your seat warm for you all those years.

What you can grow in your closet won't have seeds and it would cost you 300-400 a z on the street. Liberate yourself. Welcome. Peace and luck.

Wmmeyer, was your tomato and chili pepper grows outdoors? If so, you'll might find it a bit more challenging indoors. Just the same, I bet your past gardening experience will prove helpful with your new venture. Just read and keep it simple.

Just a word about pH: When growing MJ indoors in pots , or doing hydro, pH is very important. Invest a little money in a decent digital pH meter. Not having a reliable method for testing pH, can result in frustration.

Good luck, and enjoy the new hobby.

ArtVandolay said:
It's $100 for 1/4 oz here :)

:holysheep: Dude, you're bringing tears to my eyes!!! I'm not any kind of a genius or anything, but how's come everyone isn't growing their own? I mean didn't this stuff start out as weeds?

9 days old.jpg

welcome aboard, as the others said this is a great place , lots of good info also. and it is 100$ bucks a 1/4 oz here also ( the good stuff):)

Alistair Young said:
Wmmeyer, was your tomato and chili pepper grows outdoors? If so, you'll might find it a bit more challenging indoors. Just the same, I bet your past gardening experience will prove helpful with your new venture. Just read and keep it simple.

Just a word about pH: When growing MJ indoors in pots , or doing hydro, pH is very important. Invest a little money in a decent digital pH meter. Not having a reliable method for testing pH, can result in frustration.

Good luck, and enjoy the new hobby.

Mostly outdoors, but I've done a few things indoors. I had a jalapeno plant indoors that I kept alive for a couple years. I will certainly correct my lack of pH meter ASAP.

Thanx to you and everyone else for the advice and warm welcome!!!

It's about $100 for a 1/4 here also.

Growing is not for everybody. Some people have living circumstances that are not conducive to growing, some live in an apartment, some just don't want to. But for most, I would guess that it is the illegality of growing and the sometimes very harsh penalties.

And, if you are growing inside, you will find that there is far more to this than just sticking some seeds in soil.

The Hemp Goddess said:
It's about $100 for a 1/4 here also.

Growing is not for everybody. Some people have living circumstances that are not conducive to growing, some live in an apartment, some just don't want to. But for most, I would guess that it is the illegality of growing and the sometimes very harsh penalties.

And, if you are growing inside, you will find that there is far more to this than just sticking some seeds in soil.

spot on and well said :cool:

I think the goddess's last statement is probably your number one factor--it ain't easy as it looks at first glance.

PencilHead said:
I think the goddesses last statement is probably your number one factor--it ain't easy as it looks at first glance.

I was just being frivolous with my comments about the stuff being easy to grow and everyone should be growing. Having read thru a lot of the Resources here, I can appreciate how much time and effort everyone has devoted to the project. I humbly apologize if I've ruffled any feathers. I absolutely do NOT want to be labeled as the "Newby with an attitude".

Again many, many thanks to EVERYONE for making all this info, advice, and help available. I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions.

Hello and welcome to the only place to be. The only NO NO I see with your endevor so far is in your pic you posted. You should really only put 1 plant per pot...take care..

wmmeyer said:
I was just being frivolous with my comments about the stuff being easy to grow and everyone should be growing. Having read thru a lot of the Resources here, I can appreciate how much time and effort everyone has devoted to the project. I humbly apologize if I've ruffled any feathers. I absolutely do NOT want to be labeled as the "Newby with an attitude".

Again many, many thanks to EVERYONE for making all this info, advice, and help available. I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions.

Please, I didn't mean for that to sound critical--it wasn't. There had been so many things tossed at you all at onceI was just taking the easy way by saying: what Goddess said. You certainly don't have an attitude, or if you do, it's a good one.;)

wmmeyer said:

LOL--I don't think you ruffled any feathers--certainly not mine. There are many new growers that think all you need to do is stick a seed in dirt and put a light over it. I just wanted you to know that there is quite a bit more to it than that--I didn't think you were trying to be were a smartass.
:48:

Thanks for the replies, making me feel all warm and good inside. I think ya'll got a fine family here, and I'd really like to be a member. My sense of humor would be to say something to the effect of "How hard can it be? Stoned hippies can do it." JUST KIDDING, OK?

You should really only put 1 plant per pot...

Yeah, I'm still floundering around here, trying to absorb all the information, and trying out what I have so far. Since I'm starting with bag beans, I'm not thinking this is gonna be the end-all grow, just mainly trying to get a routine figured out so when I order some good seeds, I'll be more ready than I am now. I put 3 beans in a peat puck, hoping to get one to sprout. All 3 sprouted, so I figured I'd weed out the healthiest-looking one to pot. All 3 looked real good to me, so I couldn't bare to throw 2 of them away. Hence, two got chosen. I can still justify the situation by saying I'll probably kill one of them, and hopefully can rectify the problem and save the other.

WMMEYER welcome and good luck with your grow i too am a newbie grower,but long time smoker.I know it is many weeks awazy but man I cant wait to see my garden in all its beautiful glory when in flowering!!!Man its about time, I shoukld have been doing this years ago like I always had daydreamed!!!!LOL!!!!
Good luck and welcome from 1 newbie to another!!!

dorkvan420:D

dorkvan420 said:
WMMEYER welcome and good luck with your grow i too am a newbie grower,but long time smoker.I know it is many weeks awazy but man I cant wait to see my garden in all its beautiful glory when in flowering!!!Man its about time, I shoukld have been doing this years ago like I always had daydreamed!!!!LOL!!!!
Good luck and welcome from 1 newbie to another!!!

dorkvan420:D

Hey, Welcome and Good Luck right back at ya. Ain't it a good feeling? I go and open the closet door dozens of times every day just to look at those little babies. sittin' there all sweet and innocent looking. Don't ya know that the first smoke is gonna be the best in the world, even if the weed is total crap?

wmmeyer said:
Hey, Welcome and Good Luck right back at ya. Ain't it a good feeling? I go and open the closet door dozens of times every day just to look at those little babies. sittin' there all sweet and innocent looking. Don't ya know that the first smoke is gonna be the best in the world, even if the weed is total crap?

It won't be crap, my friend. You're paying attention--that's all it takes.
Here's what it'll get for you. Trimmed my first one of 7 last night.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=466279#post466279

Latest posts

Back