Opinions needed please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
I am thinking about switching to 12/12 on these. Several are showing female pistals but not all.. There from fem seed 6 strains pineapple chunk papaya. chemdog Vanilla kush and 2 Confidentail cheese. One has alternating nodes but it has since it was a seedling basically.. It is a strange plant ( chemdog) They are a month from birth and wondering what you all would do, wait or flip and if so why? for more growth? Thanks everyone, Hero :)

2011-11-01 09.06.18.jpg

2011-11-01 09.06.30.jpg

2011-11-01 09.06.37.jpg

2011-11-01 09.06.42.jpg

2011-11-01 09.07.01.jpg

2011-11-01 09.06.55.jpg

2011-11-01 09.06.48.jpg

I'd wait til all are showing alternating nodes, this will help keep the "flip stretch" to a minimum IMHO!

I would flip now..the ones that havent shown ...will in another week in 12/12...Very nice healthy plants ya have there...

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

I would flip asap, but thats because i always flip too late.

They look very happy.

you have a few options here..
toss the ones that have alternating nodes into 12/12
and wait for others..
or you can wait...
or you can toss em all in...if there fem seeds.. then the "should" be fems...
lol should be... ive had very good luck with always having fems from fem seeds...

toss em in..
LH

Thanks everyone.. Lefty I am a one space grower so its all or none..The last ( first grow) I did.. it was only 2 plants and I vegged for over 2 months and they got HUGE, 5 footers but also I was using CFL's ( multiples) and only got 3 ounces from those 2 huge plants.. Many of the lower buds were popcorn type buds and still had white imature pistals so really only the top half of them were good bud so I think all that time was more or less of a waste when it comes to yeild.. I will wait to few and see if someone else chimes in. I am wanting to flip them and anxious to use my new 600 watt cool tube to see the difference in that and all those CFL's. Appreicate it you guys. Hero

I would flip-em....That 600w will do wonders...

well its been a while since ive been on MP...
if your wanting to see how a 600 compares to cfls..
flip emmm lol...
i run a 600 and i love it..
LH

Thanks everyone seems thats what I will do.. Hero

From seed I typically veg around 4 to 6 weeks so I'd say flip em buddy.

Appreciate it Jack, seems thats the general consensis here.. Looking forword to it as soon as I aquire some milk crates.. On the hunt for milk crates today. lol Hero

Well, if you look at my journal, you'll know I don't play small! :D I've never vegged a plant only 4 weeks, even from clone LMAO, but I do love them large. A rule of thumb told me has always been grow them to 2' and flip, they'll double in size and you'll be happy....I wasn't, so I sometimes go to 3'. However, when vegging longer, I've noticed the gals stretch alot less than if I flip earlier.

Check out the last few pics of my journal and you'll see a group of 5 1/2' monsters in the background...those gals were taken to almost 3 1/2' before flip! Tons of buds top to bottom, too bad the bottom buds will only be good for hash! :) Of course, some just don't have the headroom to go large, some prefer short...it's all in your preference and desires! No one way is wrong, that's the beauty of it!

Just my observations and HO

ps....I have a rather lanky 6' PE gal in there, she is bent over with weights tying her down (you'll never figure out which from pics lol). She's covered with bud bud and more bud, I'm beginning to think she may just rival the 10oz Kandy Kush plant I harvested...would be great to have several oz of PE from a single gal!

I got you Roddy I just have one 600 watter thou, 6- 5 footer's would certinaly require a 1000 watts at least.. I would think and even then what about the bottom half of the plant? I know I only used CFL's last grow but my closet was lit up like you wouldnt beleive with all of those and still from half the plants down, the buds were small and immature when the top halfs were done. I am going to try it now.. this grow and see if theres much of a difference.. If I had ample space and light I would surely want them to get 6 foot, My brothers plants he did outside this year.. he got close to a lb off a few of them.. They were 10 footers but ofcouse theres no power like the sun.. Thanks you guys,. Hero

Regardless of how your closet looked "lit up" with the CFLs, you have got much better light that will penetrate a lot further with the 600W HPS. I personally would let them go a little longer, but it will not be detrimental to flip them now, you will just end up with less bud.

I am of the opinion that you should(or could) flip now. From the looks of em the internodal spacing is pretty tight. So It probably wouldn" be much of an issue if they do stretch a bit.

Hey THG, Why do you think he would get less bud by flipping now? is it because the stretch would cause less bud sites? My brain is always looking to soak up some knowledge. :)

I gotta go with THG on this.

Yes, they are ready to flip now, but a bit more veg would be better if you have the room. Perhaps a week or 2 and get some more nodes/bud sites.

Wet

How tall are these and how many internodes sites do you have? It really is hard to judge a plant only by top views.

Hushpuppy--It is not the stretch causing less bud site--just not as many bud sites because the plants have not vegged very long and are still small. Longer veg= more bud sites=more bud. It is really that simple.

If you are working with only one grow space I wld veg them a little longer....why rush the flip? If you were running two spaces (one veg, one flower) then I cld see the need to flip them earlier to get room in your veg space for the next round of plants. Either way you will be fine. Those plants look very healthy.....as everyone knows I love a dark shade of green. :)
Nice job Hero.

Latest posts

Back