Outdoor babys..OUESTIONS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoot1073

Reaction score
Whats up all,hey this is ny frist year growing outdoors in corn.Today i went out and checked my plants and there looking real good but im alittle worried that they wont have enought time to muture.I cut down to males and the rest are ladys.There just starting to bud,that's what scares me.

About when do the farmers start harvesting field & sweetcorn in the north east of the USA? From what i understand not untill late october,Is this about right?Will these plants have enought time? WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

outdoor.jpg

outdoor1.jpg

outdoors hairs.jpg

Well, you don't have long, thats for sure. They'll take it when it's brown(at least here they do). The corn in the pics aren't looking ready. Thats odd, corn here is dust:D.

Looking great mang. I would say digging them up and transplanting at this point is outta the question. The only other choice is to see what happens and keep an eye on the corn field everyday. This is the reason why i would never grow in or near a corn field unless it was my own. Good luck and be sure to keep us updated. ;)

Yeah, I dont think next year i'll be growing in corn,you just never know for sure when there going to harvest,but like you said bomb the corn here is still looking nice and green,so maybe i'll have another month-month1/2 at least thats what i'am hopeing.WILL LET U ALL KNOW HOW IT GO'S..

A couple factors go into croping corn;

1: They will crop when brown if using for feed.
2: They will crop while green when selling to a manufacturer.

where I live, some farmers might begin harvesting corn by mid-September, but most of the harvest is likely to take place in October. In a cool year, when the corn matures more slowly, much of our crops isn't harvested until November. Harvest times can vary a good deal because different corn hybrids take different lengths of time to mature. Even when plants are physically mature, farmers might wait to harvest them until corn kernels have dried further so that the corn can be stored for longer periods of time.

I live in Michigan. That really is a tricky question. just watch and hope that you are far enough away to have a window of time to be able to spot them when they start cropping.:cool:

Latest posts

Back