Paging Seasoned Greenthumbs for a Fert/Nute Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forget

Reaction score
my set up is HPS400W with a nice outake (4in fan) (no intake). Size is 3'x3x10' and my baby is about 3 weeks old and about 1 foot tall. I started LST the other day, get that baby pinned down!

Question: I have been using miracle grow but just bought two other ones and wanted to know your thoughts on which one I should be using:

1) Jack's Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20
AND
2) Organic Neptune Harvest Fish Fertilizer 2-4-1

Could someone advise me which should I use and frequency please? Thanks borthers and sisters

i dont know about either of those. If you can get your hand on the foxfarm line your grow could possibility turn like mine. Dank. 400hps+ FOXFARM + good genetics= the most amazing herb on this site.

First what type of MG soil? Organic or pre fertilized?
If its Pre fertilized for like 3 months or something like that, i dont reccomend adding any nutes if your a begginer grower it can put you into a roller coaster of problems ( if possible i would switch to Organic soil then use the bloom ferts in flowering stage).

Second, you vegging or flowering? both stages have different nute ratio requirements

and third, whats your normal temp during the day in the box?

with an intake you can maximize the amount of airflow in the box adding Co2 to its daily needs...
Good Luck :aok:

im vegging and used regular soil from the gardening store not sure what it is exactly, your making me paranoid that my tied down biatch-to-be will die (perhaps thats why grow#1 died 3 weeks into it and a foot tall)
temps about 72-80tops

ETA: I just checked the soil and its "seed starter soil"
ingredients: sphagnum peat moss, vermiculite, limestone(ph adjuster)

well that soil is good for exactlty its name, lol... i think its time to move them babies into some different soil, if you want to experiment with nutes, then get you some organic soil. some superthrive and perlite.
once you repotted them give them a couple of days to adjust with some superthrive on their water.

Now both of the items you mentioned have the correct ratios for flowering, get some ferts for vegging ask at the store something to build roots and vegging they should guide you in the right direction since every store has diferent brands.
Once you start with nutes is always ggod to start with a 1/4 dose of what the package says and then work your way up from there in increments till what the poackage says or yyou can experiment some till the plant reacts..

Good Luck :aok:

sorry but dont use mg. try metanaturals of some thing organic like that .

1) Jack's Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20
AND
2) Organic Neptune Harvest Fish Fertilizer 2-4-1
Jacks is a chemical nutrient, Neptune is organic... they do NOT compliment each other well. that is, the chems tend to kill the beneficial microbial actions of the organics.

dankbud420 said:
sorry but dont use mg. try metanaturals of some thing organic like that .

why is there always someone bashing MG and saying dont use, WHY??
youre not actually helping in any way by saying that, specially in this forum where MANY Growers use MG Organic and Pre fert and WILL SWEAR by it to the end!!
so just because you dont like it or use it doesnt mean some 1 else will feel the same way, if you have your opinions on why not use MG, then write that down and at least let the person make their own judgement on their situation, surroundings and funds.
I dont mean to flame at you and please dont take it the wrong way, just clarifying that this website is to help people and sometimes that can be clouded by personal opinion on products. A lot of times is more informative and helpful to say MG didnt work for me for these reasons, rather than dont use it. :aok:

Latest posts

Back