Painterdudes Art Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning Painterdude
Love this new thread. Thanks for starting it. So many creative people here.

I've been doing art most of my life. Some good....some notso. It just fullfills a need to go create something pretty for someone, especially on a snowy day. Here's a picture of a Yellowstone buffalo cow given to me. Painted it in acrylic and oil.

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

Marsrover1 said:
Im a graphic and commercial artist Painter, i would love to post my work but alot of it is known wich could lead back to my ident soo i think ill set this one out but i like the work im seeing

hi Marsrover1, glad to meet you...no excuses, how about some new stuff?

What kind of software do you use in your graphic art?

Colorado Lady 1 said:
Good Morning Painterdude
Love this new thread. Thanks for starting it. So many creative people here.

I've been doing art most of my life. Some good....some notso. It just fullfills a need to go create something pretty for someone, especially on a snowy day. Here's a picture of a Yellowstone buffalo cow given to me. Painted it in acrylic and oil.

hi Colorado Lady 1, good afternoon to ya......wow, never saw anything like this in Oregon, all we got here are Elk and Deer antlers hanging on peoples garages.....hey more of the 'some good and some notso'....thanks for sharing

Ill post some stuff tommorrow that i just found and i'm sure it will stir up some memories for everyone ! I did ALOT of art work as a kid , but these were just fun to do....

This is one of my Grandma's pictures. Done of a Red School House in fall. In the foreground is the Mv Fortuna's masts.

AWEsome skull work there Colorado! Way cool.

school.JPG

painterdude said:
IRISH....are you Native American? I'm so glad we all got to see your birthday present

> dude.:ciao: ...

not NA. just your basic red headed, green eyed, crooked nose, Irish step child. lol. :D ...

nice owl Oz man. also the buffalo head from CL is awsome. Colorado Lady?, have you ever done the paintings on the saw blades? like the ones used in saw mills? i've got a friend that paints pics on them...

Tc. that looks like the school that was the first i went to. great pic...

dude. that pic is special to me, because my mentally challenged daughter made it for her daddy. she's always making things for me. i have every single thing she has ever made for me...

real nice portrait p. dude. keep 'em coming please...Irish...

colorado lady ,,fabulous detail in the artwork ...

irish just got to love the kids stuff i have 16 yrs worth of work in boxes in the attic with prolly many more boxes and yrs to come ,,it just seems a sin to threw their stuff away:peace:

great owl ozzy ,,who,d of thought you had it in you :p

As promised...Remeber this ! I use to sit for hours with this "toy".

250px-Various_Spirograph_Designs.jpg

hey tc, granny WAS A GREAT ARTIST......wifey and I just saw this movie called 'Local Color' and granny's painting reminds me of all the great paintings that we saw in that film......hope there is more to come

IRISH....OK, I never saw a red headed, green eyed Native American.....but what's with the crooked nose? I've got one and I'm half Irish....

meds4me....how did you do those amazing drawings? Find some more....

UKbabe.....open up those boxes girl

Painterdude: Its called "spirograph" ! It was a toy and it had these diff wheels that fit inside on another and it would give you diff patterns. I found the box recently due to a flood in the basement :0( and so it was a good thing. Most of the original parts are gone but i was only able to salvage 3 or 4 sheeets of these ~

Okay i did a search and found these:
Theres even a "program" for youre computer these days !

Spirograph.jpg

spirograph4-full.jpg

SpirographImage.jpg

spirographsilverlightlu4.gif

spirograph1.jpg

ohh how i spent many hrs playing with my spirograph but somehow i allways knocked it slightly so they were never quite as neat looking as yours :doh:

ooooo meds, a spirograph. nice. i forgot about these. brought back memories at grandmas house.:D ...i had a etch-a-sketch too.;) . do you know there is a competition with the etch-a-sketch? i seen a guy on Leno that did portraits that were amazing on them...

i see what your saying about the hat p dude, but there is something else about the roughneck that holds my attention, before even noticing the hat. it's still very nice.:) ...Irish...

meds4me...I never had one of those jobbers, in fact I don't remember having any toys.....but I did have a bike and then got a paper route....

don't know why I am rambling about my childhood

now I know what those drawings remind me of.....Pin Stripers

am so sorry that some of them got destroyed but what a neat toy for kids AND ADULTS.....totally amazing drawings

IRISH....yeah, I am so agreed here IRISH, this drawing can drive you nuts and I don't like staring at him for any length of time because I might try to change something......but I know that I can PLAY with any of them at any time but there seems to be an unwritten rule that stipulates to leave all of them ALONE, no touching.........

I could screw around with them but you have to decide when to STOP. And sometimes that is very, very, very hard to do. So the Blue Cowboy gives me the creeps because he needs some kind of new attention and I won't give it to him. Pretty crazy huh?

Hope everyones day is going well

Painterdude....The expressions you create in your artwork are awesome and your use of color is DELICIOUS. Especially in your self portrait in your last post. Bet you dream in the most wonderful colors.

TC.....I agree, your Grandmother is/was very talented. And the My Fortuna mast in front...weren't you restoring that ship last year? Seem to remember a thread. How you liking the snow so far?

Meds4me....Sure enjoyed your spiro-art. Brings back a lot of memories also. The yellow one is very different and beautiful.

Hello Irish....Haven't painted any saw blades but do have a few I've colllected hanging on the shed. So pretty an colorful.

and Mojave baby....Wish we lived closer. Boy could we have some fun doing art together (and checking out this years hash) Your walls are so bright and bold. What other creations do you have up your sleeve?

So, here's one I did a few years ago that turned out pretty good. A longhorn I did in stained-glass, in what I called a blanket pattern

IMG_2154.JPG

Yeah spent alot of hours wanting to be an artist but line drawings were never what i could imagine.
Thats the nice thing bout glass it gives me much more in oportunties to express myself ~

Can you post some of your glass peices Meds?

Colorado, I was trying to clean the Mary Olsen, the Fortuna got blown off and dusted as well as I could get it. As for restoreing, I am pretty sure it is beyond me. I am trying to find a museum still that will take them and restore them. There is a lot of damage on the fourtunas bowsprit, broken. I really like your glassed scull, had to look twice at it...

Wavin' at you Painter! Hope things are going good for you.

tc.....waving back....things are cool up here.....we had a fun day, wifey and I went to a birthday/brunch party.....eggs benedict, gotta love that stuff even though it kills you

Colorado Lady.....amazing glass work on the skull....tried cutting glass once and it was a big big joke

UKbabe......where is the kid's self portrait?

Here is another drawing that I have recently discovered hidden in the Hard Drive, but I have some issues with it

Pig-Basketball copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back