Parabolic reflectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkHorse007

Reaction score
Ive been looking at getting a parabolic reflector hood but i have not seen anybody here or anywhere that uses them so i was wondering if that is just coincidence or is there a reason for that. I think that they would offer an advantage over the rectangular hoods as far as light coverage goes and they seem more adjustable than a rectangular hood

let me know your thoughts thanks!

while i dont use parabolic reflectors, i have seen a few in some journals round here. so give it some time i'm sure someone with the knowledge will pop in and give you a good answer

parabolics may hay have a wider footprint but also cause more heat in the room vs. the enclosed lamps that allow for closer canopy to the light source.

I have a cpl parabolics I still use to this day, but to each their own....,

if heat isnt an issue go for it, but they make fighting heat a big prob if it is an issue. jmo

thanks guys i wondered if there was any way you could control the heat of them, right now in the winter it would be no problem at all, but in the summer with the CFLs on im right at the max of my temp range so im sure the HPS might put it over the top

thanks

It's all about ventilation.

It would be impossible for me to keep my space cool enough without an air cooled hood.

thanks guys and gals i would of never thought about the heat issue still cant decide if it would work for me though... in the winter no problem but in the summer im not sure how much of a temp increase do you think an hps is from cfls?

Quick question. Which is easier to keep down heat. The cool tubes or enclosed Hoods with exhuast?

Latest posts

Back