Ph Keeps Going Up In My Resavor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom-tom

Reaction score
now nothin is wrong with my plants because im checking it everyday ,im wondering if their is a reason that say i adjust my ph today by late tommorow night it goes back up is this normal ? and i also have soil plants to and i use spring water botoled from some spring in a mountain in the usa im guessin this watter is ok to use cause it doin pretty good for the plants it seems but i buy these 1 gallon jugs and i just adjust the ph and then put the cap back on and i water out of the gallon jugs after i put the ph where i want it well im wondering while the jugs of water our just sitting their will the ph go back up even after i adjust it like its doin in my resavor?

happens to me too man. I think thats just what happens when it cycles through the hydroton, "chemicals man, they'll f--- you up!" I think that is just the plight of the hydroponic user. Good luck with fighting the battle! :farm: Bud

I usually have that problem for the first two weeks in my drip system. After that, it settles down and is more stable. It could just be the hydroton dust washing off into the reservoir.

Now, what I do is run my system with nutes and water for two weeks BEFORE putting the plants in and that solves the problem. :)

Algae growth.... and rapid root growth will increase PH.

they are just a small size right now kade

.....well then I'd say that the rockwool wasn't prepared 100% and has some lime deposits left from manufacturing..... that.. plus the new root growth will do it...... it ALWAYS does it at the start of a grow... then it goes down..... then stretch period it goes up again... then down after that..

You want the ph to go up, that is a sign of growth. You should be using more ph down than up or theres a problem. Keep up the good work bro.

My local hydro shop guy hooked me up with some PH stabilizer for free, but it hasn't really proven to be very effective. any words on this?
:farm: Bud

ph stabilizer imho is **... i've never seen it work...... it was originally made to help with the older types of hydro nutes... that would ravage the ph... nowadays the nutes are a little more refined and don't create the problems they used to.

If it did work so well... why wouldn't they use it in pools and saunas... then u wouldn't need to add gallons and gallons of chemicals all the time..

Latest posts

Back