PH Question Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazeydays

Reaction score
Using tap water at 7.0 to mix nutes (General Organics) after i mix my nutes ph is 5.5 using FFOF soil the run off is 6.5 which is were i want to be i think growing in soil. My Q is should i adjust my ph to 6.5 before i feed or just let the buffer in soil do the work. will it matter ? can you wear out the ph buffer in the soil ?

Just let the soil buffer it as long as it will. Adding chemical pH adjusters are not productive to your microbial life in an organic scenerio. If for some reason your soil should not adjust it over time, then I would look into getting an organic pH adjuster from Earth Juice. As long as you are feeding the beasties in the soil, they should do all the adjusting for you. Feed them micro beasts! I'm hoping to be going organic soon!

Thanks, LF this is why your the MVP
Quick and to the point.

legalize_freedom said:
Just let the soil buffer it as long as it will. Adding chemical pH adjusters are not productive to your microbial life in an organic scenerio. If for some reason your soil should not adjust it over time, then I would look into getting an organic pH adjuster from Earth Juice. As long as you are feeding the beasties in the soil, they should do all the adjusting for you. Feed them micro beasts! I'm hoping to be going organic soon!

:yeahthat: that's a perfect post!

Well I must say that I learned that here...thanks Jman

Latest posts

Back