pics of problems in veg room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead42010

Reaction score
they are in the 4th or 5th week. ppm are at 900 and the stems are turning purple.its a hydro steup and they are all clones.

mhbjh.jpg

lknkjnkjn.jpg

Growing in soil ?
What is your PH?
What nutes are you using?

Looks like Cal def. but need to know that PH first before anything can be diagnosed.

What type of hydro, man give us some info. We aren't magicians lol. Whats your pH at, what nutrients, what feeding schedule, when did the problem start, how has it progressed.

Judging by the pic and the colour of the growth I'm going to guess that you have a salt buildup causeing a pH problem causeing a lockout.

Its either that or Mrs Plum in the library with the rope.

that looks like the start of a over nute! back it off a little and give some water! the new fesh growth looks good though

its an ebb and flow. i brought my ppm down 600-700. i water them until the rockwool is soaked once every two days. im using age old grow whichis a 12-6-6 and it ahs micro nutrients.it has calcium and magnesium both at 0.05%temp is at 80 degrees with rh between 40 -60%.it started maybe a weak weak and a half ago and is progressing. i have more pics. its around the fifth week. i think i should put them in some fresh soil instead.idk? they are in rockwool with hydroton sorrounding now.i use regular tap water with the nutrients. what should i do and change.!

Have you changed your reservoir? Or do you just add more water/nutes as it evaps?

Warfish

here is a couple days after my first post stems are deep purple. leaves are drying. tips are dead.everything is droopy.the midlle of the leaves are still dark green but the edges are getting messed up

IMG00111-20091219-1932.jpg

If I where you I would start by emptying out and cleaning your reservoir, then flushing the system with PH corrected water for a day or so, then clean it again, and then add fresh nutrients. But then again I'm no pro either, just my thoughts.

Warfish

What is your pH? Unless your pH is on, you cannot even begin to diagnose any nute problem.

i agree with warfish, and these tips look like nute burns maybe youve been overfeeding change that res already and answer the question, WHAT IS YOUR PH? if you dont know then you need to know it is essential in hydro to know PH

oh **** sorry my ph is between 5.5 and 5.8 when i water add more water then add the nutes and bring the ph down between those numbers.i clean reservoirs prob every 2 weeks. i havent just flushed them with plain water im gonna give that a shot.

my opinion.... temps are a bit high... and you must not be singing to them either...
other than that. listen to the people with 1000+ posts...
:watchplant:

before i put new water should i let it sit for 24 hrs i read somewhere your suppose to do that and i havent been. what the purpose of that?

its for the chlorine to evaporate, i dont do it since water sets in 2 places in the storage res and in the roof res before it gets to my grow res so i think it would be pretty chlorine free but if you gettin your suplly straight from a pipe it's better to do it

pothead42010 said:
before i put new water should i let it sit for 24 hrs i read somewhere your suppose to do that and i havent been. what the purpose of that?
HI pothead...

Like Zem says... it has to do with removing the chlorine that is added to municipal water supplies for sanitation purposes. If you grow with conventional non-organic nutes it doesn't matter but if you're growing organically it's a pretty big deal because using chlorinated tap water will prevent and destroy organic activity in the soil. Unfortunately, not all forms of chlorine evaporate so first you need to find out what type of chlorine you water department uses. The best way to determine the type of chlorine being used in your tap water is to call your water department. You can ask them if they treat your water with chlorine or chlorimide (also called chloramine) which does not evaporate and must be chemically removed. Tell them you have several large fish tanks you are about to fill up and want to know which one is in your water. They get asked this question often, and know how to anwser it. If you start talking gardening with them, it often confuses them and they are unsure of how to anwser. If your water ends up having been treated with chlorine, bubbling it for a few hours, will make it more than adequate for use with our products and in your garden.

If it is treated with chlorimide (also called chloramine), then you can call either a local Pet Store or Swimming Pool Supply Store (usually cheaper than a pet store) and ask about products to remove the chlorine/chlorimide. You can buy it in dry or liquid form. Once you apply the product into your water, using the directions provided on the product label, it will remove the chlorimides within minutes. Then bubbling your treated water with an airstone for 2 hours removes most of the product, since it's chemical bonds weaken quickly after reacting with the chlorimides. The trace amounts that remain after treatment, are not harmful to plants, people or fish. Plants, people and fish treat this chemical as an ammonia element and expel it quite easily. In the root zone, bacteria will actually feed on it. That action in turn, helps free other insoluble elements bound in your roots.

You may want to flush your plants for day with plain water and start over with some fresh nutes in your reservoir.

I hope this helps!:cool:

Latest posts

Back