Pinch the Main Stalk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
I pinched my plants main stalk. It is like in 3rd week of veg and has three or so internodes. I started to worry right after I did it so I propped it up with dirt.

HippyInEngland said:
Why did you do it?

Are you restricted by height?

Well yes and no. I would prefer to have a more controlled canopy and figured I should start now on at least one of the plants.

I pinched the base. The rest of the plant fell over at 90 degrees with the small canopy running perpendicular to the dirt. The plant looks to be okay now though. The canopy now started to grow upward again and the leaves never drooped.

I guess u can pinch the base when the plant is relatively not too young or old?

canibanol cannonball said:
i pinch below the top. It promotes growth under the pinch.
eggzaktly..... that is the main purpose..or result at least. ..to deter the growth hormones reaching the top most tip and force it into the lower nodes.

Hick said:
eggzaktly..... that is the main purpose..or result at least. ..to deter the growth hormones reaching the top most tip and force it into the lower nodes.

Yes, that's why I started to bug out. It didn't occur to until after I did it. I suppose I'll wait another week before I try again on any of the plants. I stunted the growth of the entire plant very briefly because the pinch wasn't that bad. I was too gentile with it so the damage wasn't that severe.

I have been doing research on it, but I still fear hurting my plant or doing it incorrectly. Do I pinch with my nails or fingers? Am I basically crushing the stem or node?

fingers.. not nails. And yes, "crush" the outter hurd, just untill you feel it "squish".. :p

Latest posts

Back