Planing For An Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunforhire

Reaction score
I have a 600w grow in a 3.5 x 5 room. I know that I'm a little under lumed (is that a word?) Anyway I am starting to plan my upgrade. I am thinking of starting with a 4 x 3.5 grow area under a 1000watt and a 3.5 x 3.5 under the 600w. However I'm trying to keep an eye on future upgrades. Eventually I would like to have 2 2000w grow areas. Would it be idiotic to start with a top of the line reflector with the 1000 watt and an 8 inch duct and then reduce that down to 6 inch? The idea being that I can use my 6 inch set up for now and I'll have most things in place when I convert over to 8 inch. When pricing reflectors, lights, fans, etc there really isn't much difference in pricing between the 8 and 6 unless you change everything at once. Thanks

I can't remember if I told you this but I like having 2 lights in a given area as opposed to 1 larger light. I use 600w because they are the most efficient and plenty strong without being to strong(and hot). Having 2 600wHPS over a 5x5 area give over 7k lumens per sqft and it gives light from 2 angles which helps to eliminate shadowing. :)

Yup be some benifit to havein 2 lights too cause ifin yual burn out bulb chances are one light goin to keep ya safe till ya finds the problem. Ifin yual only have one and it burns out and yual aint to catchin it then well yual knows how that trail ends. Good luck yur choices and trails pilgrem ;)

BWD

I am with Hush, I would take two 600w over a 1000w everyday. Better light spread and more lumens per watt. Jmo

I didn't explain myself very well. My plan would be to start by running a 600 watt in one side of the grow room (the set up I have now.) and as part of the upgrade I would ad a 1000 watt set up in the same room. I can easily ad another 4 x 4 grow space to the 3.5 x 5 space I'm using now. The long term goal would be to ad another 1000 watt to replace the original 600 watt. So I would be turning one 600 watt grow space into 2 1000 watt grow spaces in steps. Of course I'm assuming that my 6 inch fan and filter can keep up. Once I have both 1000 watt lights running I would upgrade to an 8 inch fan and filter.

If you can control the heat then that would certainly be a viable option. That is what my Bro did with his. :)

440cfm(6" fan) will easily cool 2k watts as long as your duct runs are short.

Latest posts

Back