Planning a Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakebud77

Medcinal Supporter
Reaction score
So i havent started yet im just reading the threads and taking notes. I am planning on turning a walk in closet in an apartment into a grow room with a 400w hps. planning on taking the door off and putting a plywood or simular door to put my intake exhaust tubes through it. but i was wondering if anyone has used a small heater/air conditioner/dehumidifier to maintain low humidity, and constant temp? also using a 400w hps how many clones should i be able to flower and still keep yields up? the room is around 4'/6'/7' with a 2'-6' area im going to use for keeping veg area, mothers, and other stuff i need to store for the op. thanks for the help

First thing you need to think of is security "Maintenance or Guest". I had to wait to grow because my apartment could check my unit at any time. Just some advice. You have to have a out of site grow area.

howdy wakebud, how many depends on how you grow'em. i use a 400hps, 2x4 flood and drain table, and i got 21 clones in there now which is about 3 per sq. ft...but most people dont do so many cause of the whole plant limit thing. i feel if they want to bust me they will, a few extra plants aint gonna make no difference. the trick is to flower the clones within days of rooting. your 400 will only reach about 24in-30in effectively so keep'em small. good luck

ya i was planning on flowering them around 10" and hopefully keeping them under 30"

What i did is cut a square hole above the door to bring in cool air with a 4" inline fan and i put a hole in the closet going to the intake of my AC, for an exhaust. I have a 6" fan that goes threw my ballast thin threw the wall to the intake of the AC...

I think that if you are using a 4X6x7 that a 400 watt will not be big enough to cover this area...maybe 2 400's would be fine JMO good luck and take care....

Sir_Tokie said:
I think that if you are using a 4X6x7 that a 400 watt will not be big enough to cover this area...maybe 2 400's would be fine JMO good luck and take care....

Even 2 400W will only give 30W per square ft. For flowering you should have 50W per sq ft--in a room that size thats 1200 watts.

OOPPPs thought i had wrote _3_ 400 watters...lol take care

Ive done a grow in the closet using a waterfarm bucket system 8 buckets 8 plants 3lbs.......you have to make sure you take care of odor.....A simple ozone generator inside the apartment will take care of it...#1 rule when doing something like this in an apartment make sure you dont live next to nosey neighbors,Dont tell anybody.....................Roots is where the answer is take care of your roots and you will be happy...Ohhh sorry forgot to mention I was using a 1000 HPS so dont expect that much fruit your first time ...Good Luck

Latest posts

Back